Shortcuts

Malware Detection on HH

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 354
Points 3,075
Kidbest100 Posted: Mon, May 6 2013 11:29 PM

Hey guys, I've just been going through the forums and such, taking in my daily digest of HH News and stuff, when I got a message from google Chrome that took up my entire page with a big red stupid warning message:

"Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on hothardware.com.
Content from w-ads.eqads.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion. "
You guys might want to check into this, but I have a feeling it might be Chrome having a bit too much of a fit than it needs to.
It gives me this message everytime that I try and go to HH, and every page I try and visit on the site.  
Reply ASAP would be appreciated

PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+  Cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (push-pull)
  • 2GB DDR2
  • MSI Radeon HD 6450 2GB
  • Stock Dell motherboard
  • 250Gb HDD
  • XFX Pro Core edition 650W PSU
  • Stock Dell inspiron case

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Tue, May 7 2013 1:01 AM

Thats odd, I haven't seen anything like that here. Well hopefully Dave or Macro can give ya a hand. You go though chrome to make sure a setting or something didn't get changed? Although seems like it wouldn't do that for just HH.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,628
Points 55,220
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Tue, May 7 2013 2:34 PM

To the best of our knowledge.  There is no issue on the site under any browser.  We've had our entire team on the lookout and will continue, however.

It might be on your end.  Might want to check with a malware scanner.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 354
Points 3,075

Dave_HH:

To the best of our knowledge.  There is no issue on the site under any browser.  We've had our entire team on the lookout and will continue, however.

It might be on your end.  Might want to check with a malware scanner.

I've run a scanner a few times, and haven't found anything.  It was also only on HH, and no other site, and has since stopped.   I'm still checking my HDD with a virus scanner and chekcing for malware and all that as we speak to make sure everything's good on my end, but there's only so many things I can do to make sure.  I bet my HDD is goona die one of these days from doing so may de-fragging and virus scanning lately XD

Any-who, thanks for the help :)

PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+  Cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (push-pull)
  • 2GB DDR2
  • MSI Radeon HD 6450 2GB
  • Stock Dell motherboard
  • 250Gb HDD
  • XFX Pro Core edition 650W PSU
  • Stock Dell inspiron case

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS