Avast Acquires Secure.me, Facebook's Top Security App

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,882
Points 1,116,760
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Apr 30 2013 10:19 AM
Avast, makers of the popular free antivirus software of the same name, today announced that it has acquired Secure.me, a privacy protection company that's mostly focused on social network security and helping users to keep sensitive information private. Secure.me's Facebook security app, which uses sophisticated algorithms to analyze and alert Facebook users to actions that could harm their privacy, security, and reputation, is actually the most popular of its kind on the world's largest social networking site, making it an attractive target for Avast.

Secure.me Privacy Scan

"The acquisition reinforces AVAST's position as a worldwide leader in security,” said AVAST Chief Executive Officer Vincent Steckler. "By including secure.me’s cutting-edge social-privacy and security technologies in our own security offerings, we will be giving customers even greater confidence in their online experience, whether they are on a PC, tablet, or a mobile device."

Secure.me Scan

Avast didn't disclose how much it paid for Secure.me, though the security firm did say it intends to fully integrate Secure.me's Facebook Security app, App Security browser extension, and iOS App technologies into both its free and premium offering by the end of the year.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Points 2,415

I love Avast AV.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 5:18 PM

Has anyone used the App and give us some insight on how well it works?

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,437
Points 102,170
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 8:46 PM

I'd like to know that too.

I like AVAST free version.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS