Google Now Comes To iPhone And iPad

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,492
Points 1,196,580
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Apr 29 2013 5:07 PM
It finally happened: the most unique and intelligent feature of Android Jelly Bean has been ported to iOS. Google has long since believed that it wasn't just about stealing market share with Android; it was about making amazing products that even avid iPhone and iPad users would use. Because in the end, Google isn't trying to sell Android -- Google's trying to get users, who then view ads, and who then give them information that they can use to earn revenue. The end result is pretty simple: the free Google Search app has been updated to provide iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users with access to Google Now.

Google Now is about giving you just the right information at just the right time. It can show you the day’s weather as you get dressed in the morning, or alert you that there’s heavy traffic between you and your date. It can also share news updates on a story you’ve been following, remind you to leave for the airport so you can make your flight and much more.

Have a look at the video below, and then update your Google Search app to see what the fuss is all about. But, if you're a BlackBerry or Windows Phone user hoping for similar treatment, don't hold your breath.
  • | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 425

Google Now has been a really nice edition to android. It's a good spot to check all your information pretty quickly. I don't know how I feel now that it went to iphone. I wish it were an android only feature...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,525
ajm531 replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 5:52 PM

well there are about 7 cards not available to ios users and heavy data syncing is not available either. my only problem with what was said in the article is that google is using this for ad revenue. i feel that is not the case. i want one android user with google now to show me an ad in google now. there none. in fact as google now becomes more self aware then i will need to use the search feature less and less therefore less ads. i think this is about the user base. give apple users a taste of what google can really do then it may sway more users to android to get the full use of googles awesome features and integration in android. i mean google maps blew apples version out of the water now they get to taste a truly useful assisstant unlike siri that at best can repeat the same witty line or joke 50000 times

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 6:29 PM

ajm531:

well there are about 7 cards not available to ios users and heavy data syncing is not available either. my only problem with what was said in the article is that google is using this for ad revenue. i feel that is not the case. i want one android user with google now to show me an ad in google now. there none. in fact as google now becomes more self aware then i will need to use the search feature less and less therefore less ads. i think this is about the user base. give apple users a taste of what google can really do then it may sway more users to android to get the full use of googles awesome features and integration in android. i mean google maps blew apples version out of the water now they get to taste a truly useful assisstant unlike siri that at best can repeat the same witty line or joke 50000 times

I think its not that Google puts ads in Android but the fact if iOS users utilize the Google search it will show ads for the internet searches which in turn makes them cash. I agree with Google porting to iOS so people can see the light that and even though Android owns the global market share they still want a piece of the iOS pie.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 619
Points 5,260

I find it useless. Does anyone utilise it?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 425

I actually find it extremely useful. I keep track of all my sports on there, and all the stocks I'm interested in. It also adds kinda of useful information about dinning options and events going on. If you give it some time, it could mature into something that everybody uses.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 358
Points 2,565

I'm surprised this has not happened sooner. I think it's great that gives Apple users options. I have never used Siri before so I can't compare it. But I live Google Now.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,922
Points 24,695
digitaldd replied on Wed, May 1 2013 11:28 AM

I haven't gotten anything useful on Google Now yet. I get local sport score of games 2 days old, and updates about local events a week after they occurred.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS