Non-Edible 'Beets by OrigAudio' Headphones Priced Deliciously at $25

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,857
Points 1,171,445
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Apr 26 2013 9:22 AM
It's not easy getting noticed in a market as competitive as headphones, but OrigAudio has managed to draw attention to itself by marching to a beet of a different drummer. That's not a typo folks, nor is the Beets by OrigAudio line of headphones a joke, even though they're sure to elicit a few giggles by your Beats by Dr. Dre wearing friends.

Unlike your buddies and all those sports stars you see wearing Beats by Dr. Dre headgear during pre-game ceremonies, you won't spend anywhere near upwards of $200 for a pair of Beets, which are priced at just $25. If that's not enough to make you feel good about your purchase, OrigAudio says it will donate a can of beets to Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County for every headset it sells.

Beets by OrigAudio

Ignoring all the silliness of these "fashionably unique, ridiculously nutritious" headphones, OrigAudio promises full stereo sound with outside noise reduction technology. Beets also feature an in-line volume control, soft cushioned earcups for extra comfort, and a 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response.

The headphones are available to purchase now and come with a hard exterior travel case. They work with any audio device that has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,510
ajm531 replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:26 AM

ok i would like to see a review or a versus between these 2. i really want to if they are actually any good. But the commercial was horrible. and yeah fashionably unique come on not only is the name a bit of a rip off but design is almost identical. seriously i would like review of these bad boys.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 983
Points 9,085
sevags replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 12:00 PM

These Beets probably sound as good if not better than Beats which make inferior over priced audio equipment.

People should buy a product be size it's worth it not because some basketball player wears their around their neck as if it's jewelry.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80

Not sure what the hype is with huge headphones nowadays without a microphone attached. I'd never wear big headphones in public. I only use my headset for gaming at home.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 3:15 PM

sevags:

These Beets probably sound as good if not better than Beats which make inferior over priced audio equipment.

People should buy a product be size it's worth it not because some basketball player wears their around their neck as if it's jewelry.

SvennaCirclet:

Not sure what the hype is with huge headphones nowadays without a microphone attached. I'd never wear big headphones in public. I only use my headset for gaming at home.

Amen to both of you! 

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 619
Points 5,260

I dont trust that these are any good... and I think the naming and look and such may draw the ire of some lawyers.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 354
Points 3,075

Okay, if apple can sue for curved edges and win, beats should be able to sue beets and win

PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+  Cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (push-pull)
  • 2GB DDR2
  • MSI Radeon HD 6450 2GB
  • Stock Dell motherboard
  • 250Gb HDD
  • XFX Pro Core edition 650W PSU
  • Stock Dell inspiron case

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS