Making It Rain Z10s: BlackBerry Receives Largest Ever BB10 Corporate Order

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,159
Points 1,185,255
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Apr 19 2013 2:31 PM
BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins has a massive amount of confidence in his company’s new BlackBerry 10 OS and associated devices, and now BlackBerry has a mass order for the devices to match. According to Bloomberg, the Canadian Tire Corp. has ordered 3,000 BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 handsets for its employees, which the company claims is the largest corporate order of BB10 devices yet.

The enterprise space has always been BlackBerry’s biggest cash cow, so the company will need lots of volume sales like this one to take a substantial bite out of its competitor’s mobile market share.

Z10
BlackBerry Z10

It’s worth noting, however, that Apple has been snagging some corporate accounts of its own; in February, Home Depot ordered up a whopping 10,000 iPhones for its fleet of workers. That’s not exactly going blow-for-blow, especially considering that iPhones are still hugely popular amount average consumers, whereas BlackBerry is not.

If you’re interested in the BlackBerry Z10, have a look at our review from earlier this month.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,012
Points 9,455
sevags replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 8:21 PM

Now the first question that comes to mind is did this company place this order because it truly feels it's the best option or is this a case of Canadian patriotism? Perhaps a possible tax break or other monetary/contract gain by sticking with a Canadian company, a company in need of help?

Perhaps the 3rd question is am I just being a BB hater? or do I believe all the online reviews stating it's nothing special.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
NWestgate replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 2:41 AM

I love my Z10. On my company's blog I wrote about why I switched from Android to Blackberry after being an avid Blackberry hater and Android supporter since the G1. Www.diligex.com/blog

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Canadian Tire already has apps for BB devices allowing you to browse their products, find stores, and scan bar-codes to obtain prices etc... so it's not that surprising they chose BlackBerry.

Canadian companies will support other local companies... but only if they have a competitive product.

Air Canada purchased many Bombardier planes in the past, but when Embraer came up with better ones, they switched to the Brazilian aircraft. Business comes first.

Canada also has Apple and Droid fans.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS