Google Glass Shipments Begin: Here's A Go Kart Video From An Early Adopter

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,356
Points 1,191,570
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Apr 16 2013 11:13 PM
Guess what? No sooner than Google announced that Glass Explorer Edition headsets were in production, it appears that select users have received a set. And this offers up the first glimpse into a world dominated by wearable technology. The $1500 package includes the Glass headset, a micro-USB cable + charger, a pouch and attachable shades. But here's what is really important: the video.

This particular user strapped his Glass headset on during a ride at a local Go Kart track. It's one of the cooler ways to debut the technology, and while the resulting footage doesn't look much different than what you'd get if strapping a GoPro atop your helmet, we're excited about where things could go from here.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 80

$1500

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,510
ajm531 replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 12:47 AM

yep. basically people were given the privilege to pay google 1500$ to try out their product. but its pretty awesome though and if i could have afforded it i would have attempted it. I hope though that they make them not so much more fashionable maybe more adjustable or have a version with a strap because it looked like this guy had to fidget with them way to much. again other than that this is awesome. I would want the strap so i could take them on a roller coaster ride.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 50
ASankaran replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 2:53 AM

Dont think its worth $1500, one can get 5x GoPro's for that cost and capture more awesome angles and also be assured that u would end up breaking the camera if you bang or crash!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS