Wireless Receiver, Only operates on computer restart

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,792
Points 60,885
Icebane Posted: Thu, Mar 28 2013 7:46 PM

TP-Link PCIe Wireless adapter

On startup of the computer from cold, the adapter does not respond and says I need to plug one in (from the TP provided software)

Restarting the computer picks up the adapter and everything works well... Anyone know of a cause for this?

The company I purchased it from, want me to return it at my expense (even though its under warranty) and they will look at it, and then provide me another at my expense, since their return policy states that any working hardware returned will only be replaced at the buyers cost.

So any help would be great

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,622
Points 103,905
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 8:40 PM

Icebane:
their return policy states that any working hardware returned will only be replaced at the buyers cost

First, let me say that that warranty sux big time.

Try plugging it into another PCI-E slot if you have one.

Before paying to return it, *just* to get the ~privilege~ of buying another one for full price, just search Newegg.com and buy a replacement from a company that will give a real guarantee.

I have THIS ONE and it works great. $24.99 with free shipping and it has no problems either.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,792
Points 60,885
Icebane replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 1:53 AM

Figured that'd be the answer I got.

I have emails that they suggested it be returned, and I have tested it in two different slots.

And Newegg is no good here in Aus, that and another one I purchased for a customer works flawlessly...

But yeah, great warranty

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,622
Points 103,905
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 7:24 PM

Sorry that I couldn't help more. Using the jumper to reset the MoBo's BIOS back to factory settings, or looking for a newer BIOS for the motherboard may help.

Sometimes you just get a bad product, but most companies have your back when it happens. I just can't see the expense of shipping it back to them if they're going to make you pay full price for a replacement. This is no way to do business. Buying from some other company (if you can't fix it) would be what I would do.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS