EA and AMD Demo Battlefield 4 On AMD Radeon HD 7990 Graphics

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,113
Points 1,184,185
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Mar 28 2013 2:17 PM

The annual Game Developers Conference in San Francisco isn't typically a launching-pad for a graphics card, but it's clear that AMD is excited about what it has in store. As Marco tackled in his detailed AMD round-up yesterday, the company is set to launch its Radeon HD 7990 in the very near-future, with more solid details hopefully to trickle out soon.

What we do know is that the brilliant Battlefield 4 demo shown-off at the event was powered by AMD's future flagship, as mentioned in a tweet by the company's @AMDGaming handle.

One would think that with such a powerful GPU, AMD wouldn't mind divulging some important details, but not so. It had no qualm in touting the HD 7990 as the "world's fastest graphics card", however, something I'm sure NVIDIA just loves to hear - especially with its Titan having just launched this month, claiming the same accomplishment.

AMD's Product Manager Devon Nekechuk

Based on leaked specs that have been floating around the Web for the last month or so, it does seem likely that AMD will gain the rights to that claim. If the rumors do prove true, the HD 7990 should perform just about as fast as dual HD 7970s in CrossFireX, equipped with the same clock speeds of 925MHz core and 1375MHz. Rumor also has it that the card will retail for about $900, so if AMD does in fact have the "world's fastest graphics card" with its HD 7990, NVIDIA's Titan could be a harder sell at $1,000.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,624
Points 103,930
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 8:13 PM

Either one (HD-7990 or Titan) would be great to own.

It's all good though. (because when they fight, prices come down)

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 31
Points 260
Mattos replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 2:34 PM

The graphics were  beautiful and it is nice to see AMD coming out with the 7990. Don't know if the single player campaign will actually be good though. 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 2:36 PM

Mattos:

The graphics were  beautiful and it is nice to see AMD coming out with the 7990. Don't know if the single player campaign will actually be good though. 

I thought the single player for the BF3 wasn't bad. It wasn't anything special but enjoyable short single player. I would assume BF4 will be about the same but hopefully better. 

Im glad they used the 7990 to showoff that AMD is a contender for high level GPUs and not just budget since I though the 17 min video just looked beautiful.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS