Windows Blue Build Shows Improved UI and Multitasking

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,882
Points 1,116,775
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Mar 24 2013 6:04 PM
More details have emerged surrounding Windows Blue, the worst-kept secret in tech. Windows9Beta leaked word of a Windows Blue build that was available “somewhere on the Internet”, and apparently at least one WinForum.eu forum user found it, installed it, and let loose a barrage of screenshots.

Assuming this is all completely legitimate, the most obvious change pertains to the Metro UI, including greater flexibility in sizing Live Tiles and customizing the Start screen, particularly as the Personalize setting (among others, including Devices and Share) is now under the Settings charm. The Name Group feature for the Start menu looks a little more polished, too.

Windows Blue build
Click to enlarge

It also appears as though you can run two apps side-by-side for better multitasking, and there’s more robust SkyDrive integration, which makes plenty of sense. A number of items under PC Settings have been added and modified, which means some better functionality, although those who have learned to navigate Windows 8 will have to re-learn some things.

Windows Blue

Windows Blue 2   Windows Blue 3   Windows Blue 4
Click to enlarge

All of the above seems to confirm what most are expecting, which is that Microsoft's Windows Blue will indeed be more of a facelift for Windows 8 as opposed to a major overhaul or total replacement.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 428
Points 3,530
RiCoFrost replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 6:46 PM

Nice, that would be good to be able to re-size the tiles more. An update to the mail app would be very welcome, its just too plain for my liking. Customizing the MetroUi is nice also.

Improvements to Skydrive=sweet :) I am really loving skydrive for photo and document storage any improvements to this system is very welcome.

Looking forward to the updates :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,437
Points 102,170
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 9:09 PM

I wonder if Classic Shell works on this version?

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

not ipressed and I have it. PICS are legit. THe beta will be out soon anyways..

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS