Rumored Google Nexus 5 by LG Images, Specs Leak

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,176
Points 1,185,775
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Mar 18 2013 10:08 AM
It's the beginning of another work week, and that usually means another rumor is floating around cyberspace, though surprisingly the latest water cooler talk has nothing to do with Apple's future products. It has to do with the other camp -- Android -- and the supposed existence of a Nexus 5 smartphone built by LG.

An anonymous source who claims to work for Google sent Android and Me an image of the alleged Nexus 5 device and insists the prototype is real. This is an unverified source Android and Me is working with, which means you should take the rumor with at least a sea full of salt.

LG Nexus 5 Rumor
Image Source: Android and Me

Assuming it's real, however, the Nexus 5 will sport a 5.2-inch OLED display with a Full HD 1080p (1920x1080) resolution, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.3GHz, and 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM. It will also feature 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage options, 2.1MP front camera, 16MP rear camera with 4K video recording at 30FPS, front-mounted stereo speakers, 4G LTE support, and a 3,300mAh battery.

There are a couple of reasons to be skeptical here. The first one is the heavy-handed spec sheet compared to the Nexus 4, which went in a more modest direction to keep the contract-free price down to an affordable level. And the second reason to be skeptical is that LG is having a heck of a time keeping up with demand for the aforementioned Nexus 4, so could you imagine what kind of response a Google-branded handset like the above would receive?

Don't despair -- even if the above is fake, it's only a short matter of time before that kind of smartphone spec sheet becomes commonplace.
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,590
Points 54,905
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 10:11 AM

OK, that's HOT but the 5.2-inch screen might be a bit too much for the pocket, if this spec list is true.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 84
Points 720
JvanHummel replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:36 AM

Amazing specs. If they're true, I'd definitely get one. Not that this kind of specs is needed for a phone per se, but I see this as a great opportunity for app/ROM developers.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 619
Points 5,260

Didnt LG say that Google wasnt ordering enough units.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 2,170
karanm replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:03 PM

I was impressed by the new Galaxy but this thing sounds incredible.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,913
Points 24,635
digitaldd replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 8:47 AM

needs a better camera, if they included anything like the crap one on the Nexus 4. I am really starting to generlize these LG phones as budget phones with mid end prices.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

4K video? We hardly have televisions capable of displaying the resolution yet! Is that really necessary in a phone?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS