Razer Edge Gaming Tablets Up For Pre-Order March 1st, Will Ship Before April

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,074
Points 1,182,895
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:06 AM
If you’ve been lying awake at night dreaming of when you can get your mitts on your very own Razer Edge, you can rest easy, because Razer will be accepting preorders for the innovative gaming tablet/console/PC starting March 1st. That’s the end of this week, folks.

The base model, the Razer Edge, starts at $999 and features a third-generation dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB of DDR3 RAM, Intel HD 4000 and NVIDIA GT 640M LE graphics, a 64GB SSD, and Windows 8. At $1,299, the Razer Edge Pro bumps those specs up to a dual-core Intel Core i7 chip, 8GB of DDR3 RAM, and a 128GB SSD (upgradeable to 256GB).

Razer Edge

The 10.1-inch tablets also have compelling accessories, including the $249.99 Gamepad Controller, $99 Docking Station, and forthcoming (unpriced) Keyboard Dock. There’s also an extended battery available.

Razer Edge

In either case, an Edge looks to offer solid performance whether you’re gaming, dinking around online, or using full Windows 8 applications, and we were impressed with the design after our hands-on time with the Edge at CES. It’s as true a hybrid device as you can get, and you’ll be able to buy it directly from Razer online, at Amazon, or at Best Buy--if you live in North America, that is.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 1:45 AM

While this thing is over priced for the majority of us, lets not forget this thing is capable of playing Crysis 3; basically meaning it can handle everything.

Also, Razer is giving one away on their facebook page.  Head over there to enter, or click this link : http://j.mp/Tzt0fm

Personally,  I don't think I'd ever buy one without winning some sort of lottery, or convincing my wife to get into stripping (she's opposed to the idea).  However, should I ever have $1000+ to spend on tech, and assuming my gaming PC was running tri-sli GTX titan's I'd definitely would pick one up. 

So basically, I'll never have one of these unless it's free.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 503
Points 4,070
RiCoFrost replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 5:42 PM

You could pretty much buy a surface pro for less then that and it would do the same thing.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS