AMD A85X Motherboard Roundup: ASRock, Gigabyte, Asus

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,886
Points 1,173,510
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Feb 7 2013 11:28 AM

AMD A85X Mobo Roundup: ASRock, Gigabyte, AsusWe have had a few weeks with three A85X motherboards, the Gigabyte F2A845X-UP4, ASRock FM2A85X Extreme4-M, and Asus F2A85-V Pro, and AMD’s top of the line Trinity A10-5800K APU, which combines 4 unlocked Piledriver CPU cores (stock 3.8GHz, turbo 4.2GHz) with an integrated Radeon HD 7600D GPU with 384 Radeon Cores at 800MHz.

We’ve written several in-depth articles on AMD’s new Virgo platform--A85X chipset, FM2 socket and Trinity APUs--covering both the basics of the new A85X chipset, as well as CPU and overclocking performance. The FM2 socket is brand new for Trinity APUs and is not backwards compatible with FM1--sorry, Llano owners...

AMD A85X Motherboard Roundup: ASRock, Gigabyte, Asus

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 130

liking the gigabyte for being a HTPC/Media server,, all 3 boards have lots of sata, but even 7 ports can be low, nice to see 3 x1 slots for cheap raid cards that you can get with some wd drives..

my current setup has 5 HDD & 1 SSD but no more ports available even after adding a raidcard (dvd drive uses 1 sata as well)

Even if you choose to amp this one up a bit with a decent GPU, you would still have 2 x1 slots left, the other boards make leave you with 1 or none

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,577
Points 103,230
MembershipAdministrator

Thanks for the review Nathan. These boards actually look pretty good to me. (especially the ASUS)

Was the Hybrid Crossfire tried out?

Was there any test of the PCI-E slots in Crossfire?

I have an FM1 system that works pretty good. Looks like AMD just improved on the platform.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS