how to repair scratches on gorilla glass (nexus 4)

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 50
GraysonB Posted: Thu, Jan 17 2013 5:35 PM

Small scratch but can sorta be felt by the fingernail. What are the best methods of repair or best screen protector that will fill it in? Again Nexus 4 gorilla glass 2

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 10:52 AM

From what I've read, there is no DIY way to remove the scratches.  They could be removed with some very careful buffing and very very very very very very careful precision, but I wouldn't even attempt that unless you have the funds to replace the glass after you scratch it all to hell.

In this instance I think you have 2 options.  

1.  Replace the glass

2. Get a screen protector and maybe it will hide the blemishes on your screen.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,934
Points 24,785
digitaldd replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 8:52 AM

You might try Bondo, I've used it to repair a lot of scratches in clear plastic/glass. never tried it on a cell phone though it worked wonders on a former girlfriends old iPod nano screen.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Of course you can repair scratches on your touch screen, as long as they are not too deep.

Dorkstar, it's a lot easier to buff out scratches than you think.  I have repaired many scratched touch screen panels by hand using these specific buffing compounds...

TDI-LLC Technology - Resurfacing Compounds

Even phones that have the oleophobic coating (such as the iPhone5 and most phones with gorilla glass) can be resurfaced and the coating reapplied.  Look here...

Hydrophobic and Oleophobic Cell Phone Treatments

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS