Corsair Goes Big with Hydro Series H110 and H90 Liquid Coolers

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,814
Points 1,213,540
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Jan 17 2013 1:04 PM
The Consumer Electronics Show is over, but the product announcements keep rolling in. Among them is Corsair's introduction of a pair of big and burly Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers, the dual-fan H110 and single-fan H90, both with spacious radiators.

"Many PC enthusiasts choose liquid cooling for its extreme cooling efficiency and quiet operation," said Thi La, Senior VP and GM of Memory and Enthusiast Component Products at Corsair. "To take liquid cooling the next level, we super-sized the Hydro Series H110 and H90, providing users our best cooling-to-noise ratio ever."

Corsair H110

The H110 rocks a double-length 280mm by 140mm radiator with side-by-side fan mounts. Each fan is a low-speed 140mm static pressure fan, which Corsair claims will push "much more" air per decibel of noise compared to 120mm fans. It comes with a mounting kit for all modern CPU sockets, as well as pre-applied thermal compound on the copper cold plate.

Corsair H90

Corsair's H90 is a single-fan liquid cooler with a more compact square 140mm radiator. Like the H110, it's designed to run quiet while still offering superb cooling performance. It also features "next-generation tubing" that's easy to bend, has low evaporation, and is guaranteed not to leak.

The H110 and H90 are available now for $130 and $100, respectively.
  • | Post Points: 95
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Points 725
Atticus14 replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 8:31 PM

good to see corsair coming back vs nzxt's bigger rads. Hopefully some price wars start...although room to wiggle is probably minimal with one manufacturer making the products for everyone.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,779
Points 105,215
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 9:10 PM

$130.00 is a fair price for the dual fan cooler.

Like to see it go for less though.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,852
Points 45,915
rapid1 replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 10:37 AM

I have used Corsair liquid coolers on 3 client PC rebuild/upgrade projects. They were the last model series and were between 85-100 dollars. They have all operated great with no leaks and good end ratios. Although currently I use bug Air coolers in my desktops I have been thinking of getting some liquid cooling units. For the AMD 965BE it would be fore the stability temperature wise I have seen from the Corsair cooling units, For the Intel Core I7 unit I won from here 3 years back it would be more to drop the sound levels a little bit as well as the noise reduction, I have also been thinking of changing out to a bigger SSD as well as a new 220Nm top fan as there are several with higher AF rates now and lower N2A (Noise to air) as well as new colors :) Either way the Corsair units I used have all been solid from everything I have seen personally and professionally.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 11:40 AM

rapid1:

I have used Corsair liquid coolers on 3 client PC rebuild/upgrade projects. They were the last model series and were between 85-100 dollars. They have all operated great with no leaks and good end ratios. Although currently I use bug Air coolers in my desktops I have been thinking of getting some liquid cooling units. For the AMD 965BE it would be fore the stability temperature wise I have seen from the Corsair cooling units, For the Intel Core I7 unit I won from here 3 years back it would be more to drop the sound levels a little bit as well as the noise reduction, I have also been thinking of changing out to a bigger SSD as well as a new 220Nm top fan as there are several with higher AF rates now and lower N2A (Noise to air) as well as new colors :) Either way the Corsair units I used have all been solid from everything I have seen personally and professionally.

I read quite a bit about people having issues with the H100 making a lot of noise, which apparently was fixed with the release of the H100i.  If you look at overlcock3d.com's review of the h100i though, they had a big issue with it performing on the i7-950.  They never really found out what the problem was, but it just didn't perform correctly, however it did work on everything else they tested.  I read a lot of stories of people switching from the h100/h100i to the thermaltake 2.0 extreme because of the issues. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,779
Points 105,215
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 11:42 AM

I've had two H50 coolers, (still use one of them, sold the other) a H60, and a H80.

All of them work great and have no problems either.

I have no hesitation considering the H110 and H90 for myself. Corsair makes the good stuff.

The larger 320mm case fans do move a lot of air and are quieter too.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 758
Points 10,695
eunoia replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 8:17 AM

...pending.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,852
Points 45,915
rapid1 replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 1:05 PM

"I read quite a bit about people having issues with the H100 making a lot of noise" Funny you say that realneil, as the third one I installed in a main system which was built for an Architectural firm in Chattanooga had that exact problem. When I first installed it it was so loud you could not stand to use the system (do not forget I am 70% deaf here either because it was too loud to me), when I turned it on the first time it sounded like I was standing next to a quad prop troop carrier ( do not forget my dad was Army Air for life). I had to reset it several times and get the CPU unit cooler settings very specific to get it to stop. Then when we restarted it the final time it was quiet as a butterfly. Either way that was 1 out of 4 I had an issue with and I did fix it. SO I would still recommend them. Also I would imagine there will be some great deals on the last series models still left out there. I in fact intend on trying to find one for my AMD (PhenomII 965BE) system as the temps it keeps are constant and that system has recurring heat issues. I imagine one of these would rectify that as well as extending the life of everything (MB etc) in it.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,779
Points 105,215
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 9:17 PM

rapid1:
"I read quite a bit about people having issues with the H100 making a lot of noise" Funny you say that realneil,

I didn't say that,.....Dorkstar did.

I never bought the H100 because they had problems with the fan controllers on them. LINK HERE  Later versions of the H100 had it fixed though. Note that this never affected my loyalty to the Corsair brand of AIO coolers. Mine have all worked great for me.

I always add high flow/low noise fans to both sides of my water cooler radiators to improve performance.

I just bought an Asetek 570LX from a buddy for $45.00 and it comes with four fans too. So there are good deals to be had if you look around.

http://www.advantionline.com/images/P/570lx1.jpg

He also has a AMD FX-8350 for $135.00 and I plan to get it too.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS