Shortcuts

Is There a Sony Xperia Tablet on the Way?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,884
Points 1,116,980
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:35 AM
One of the grooviest gadgets to break cover at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas last week was Sony's Xperia Z smartphone. Armed with a tantalizing collection of components and features, and waterproof up to three feet, the Xperia Z is definitely on our radar. Might Sony also be readying an Xperia Z tablet?

Twitter account @Xperia_info certainly thinks so. As far as we can tell, there's no affiliation between Sony and @Xperia_info, though whoever is charge of the account seems to think they know an awful lot about the rumored tablet. If the information posted is accurate, the Xperia tablet will come rocking the following specs:

Sony Products

• 10.1-inch Full HD 1080p (1920x1200) display
  • 1.5GHz quad-core APQ8064 Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
  • 2GB RAM
  • 32GB built-in storeage
  • 2.2MP front-facing camera; 8MP rear-facing camera
  • 802.11n Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 4.0
  • NFC support
  • 4G LTE support
  • 6,000mAh battery
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Like the Xperia Z smartphone, the tablet version will resist water and dust (IP55/IP57), leading us to believe this would essentially be a bigger version of the phone, minus calling capabilities. It's a strategy Google is employing with its Nexus line, Samsung with Galaxy, and of course Apple with its iDevice lineup.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 897
Points 8,310
sevags replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:24 PM

Awesome direction Sony, really. The Xperia Z is the FIRST android phone that has made me drool by both asthetics and great hardware, i am going to say it again, AND waterproof?!?!?!!? Bring that same design with the ability to resist water in the same way and you have a winner.

I also want to point out that I LIKE this way of designing different products by pretty much scaling to different sizes. It works in other industries such as automotive like how BMW cars are pretty much all the same the 3, 5 and 7 series are all just different sizes of the same design. I seem to like seeing the same with electronics which is something I wouldn't have thought I would ever say. I wouln't want everything to be a clone of one another but if you have a winning design there is nothing wrong with running with it.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS