Google Launches Chrome Beta For Phones and Tablets

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,882
Points 1,116,850
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Jan 12 2013 11:44 PM

Great news for Android users: starting today, you can install Chrome Beta channel for phones and tablets on Android 4.0+ from Google Play. This release includes some of the biggest developer updates to Chrome for Android since its launch last year, bringing many features available on other Chrome versions to Android as well. Like what, you ask? Like these: With prefixed support for CSS Filters you can apply visual effects like grayscale, blur, and contrast adjustment to the mobile web; the new Flexible Box Layout Module simplifies the styling of complex layouts; the dynamic viewport units vw, vh, and vmin can now be used for responsive design; the element for video provides a simple, standardized way to add subtitles, captions, screen reader descriptions, and chapters; the CSS calc() function can be used anywhere a length is required by a CSS properties; and the @sandbox and @srcdoc attributes of the iframe element give you more control over inline frames.

Lastly, the new beta comes with an updated stack of Developer Tools. Google promises to push out periodic updates, and better still, installing the Beta won't replace your existing build of Chrome for Android.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 579
Points 5,260
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 1:12 PM

Intriguing. I haven't been too stoked over Chrome for Android, so I'm hoping the beta will eventually change that. It's no fun losing your bookmark syncs when you use Chrome on the desktop and Firefox on mobile :D

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 74
Points 815

I have been looking for a replacement to safari ever since I have had my iphone4. I did download it and I did try It, I love it!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS