Awesome Translucent iPhone 5 Mod Kit Costs $40, Requires Nerves of Steel

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,850
Points 1,114,985
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Jan 10 2013 2:28 PM
So, you went out and purchased yourself an Apple iPhone 5, is that it? Great, so have millions of others. If you want to stand out from the crowd with a truly unique and geeky looking iPhone 5, one way you can do that is by dropping an additional $40 on a translucent iPhone 5 Mod Kit. It might very well be the best (or worst) phone accessory investment you ever make, depending on handy you are with DIY projects.

Let's assume you're comfortable tearing apart your iPhone 5 and aren't at all concerned with voiding the warranty. Or maybe you're just fed up with all the scratches your iPhone 5 has accumulated. Either way, iPhone5Mod has begun selling a replacement see-through chassis for $40, and it's available in a variety of tints, including pink, red, yellow, green, blue, white, or black.

Translucent iPhone 5

For a limited time, iPhone5Mod will include with every purchase all 7 colors of detachable top and bottom slats so that you can mix things up. Check it out in the video below.

Fair warning: assembly and installation is required. If you've ever tinkered with Apple products before, you know that's something not to take lightly. Apple is notorious for making its products overly difficult for end-users to service, repair, or mod on their own. On the bright side, the iPhone 5 is reportedly easier to take apart than the iPhone 4S, according to iFixIt's teardown analysis.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 619
Points 5,260

Should have done front too. Looks crap as it is.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 577
Points 5,250
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:15 PM

Agreed. Though I think it'd look like crap even with the front done, too.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,925
OSunday replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:30 PM

That looks terrible... and the translucently colored parts do as well.

It makes you're phone just look like it's cased in really cheap looking plastic and I'm guessing that might very well be what the material is which means the strength/durability of your phone will definitely end up compromised.

The internals would look so much better (with a nice see through case) if it weren't for the giant battery and it's manufacturing labels though.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,423
Points 102,070
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 11:23 PM

This is funky looking. I can't see a lot of people doing this.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 196
Points 2,090

If I owned an iPhone 5, I'd be all over this.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I think they need to improve their look and quality so people will give the as much good response as they expect from you.

fire proof cabinets

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS