Google Offers 10 Quick Tips For A Better Google Maps Experience On the iPhone

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,831
Points 1,168,590
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Dec 23 2012 10:41 AM
If you've been misguided by Apple's own mapping software in iOS, you have to be thrilled that Google Maps is back and better than ever. Certainly many are, as Google Maps notched 10 million iOS downloads in the first 48 hours following its return, an indication that iPhone users were eager to run, not walk, back to mapping software that wouldn't leave them stranded miles away from their destination.

In any event, Google Maps is once again available, and to help you get started (or reacquainted) with the software, the search giant has put together a list of 10 quick tips on how to make the most out of Google Maps on the iPhone. Some of them will seem old hat, like placing a pin on the map, but did you know you can shake your iPhone to send Google feedback?

Google Maps Street View

"Help us improve the map and our application. If you find something that needs to be updated (like a closed road or a business that has moved) or if you have suggestions, just give your iPhone a shake and send us feedback," Google explains.

The guide also covers a few gestures, like swiping the info sheet to the left or right to browse additional results, and swiping the top bar to preview steps in Navigation (beta). Give it a glance and then let us know if you have any tricks of your own.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 983
Points 9,085
sevags replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 5:29 PM

Am I missing something here? I don't see a list or a link to the guide? Only 1 feature out of 10 is mentioned unless I am not seeing a link somewhere

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,572
Points 103,130
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 8:39 PM

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,820
Points 45,680
rapid1 replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 9:30 PM

First tip get an android phone the software jumps through less hoops and is therefore more operational or a dedicated GPS whatever strikes your fancy. Oh an I would say a quad core would probably help to so the unit has extra resources..

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 983
Points 9,085
sevags replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 5:29 AM

Thank you Real!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS