Seventh 'Humble Bundle' Returns to Indie Roots

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,792
Points 1,162,700
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Dec 20 2012 12:57 AM
The Humble Bundle is back for a seventh iteration, and in a throwback to its earlier days, the newest package includes indie titles. As always, you get to name your own price for the bundle, after which you're afforded instant access to the games on Mac, Windows, and Linux.

The seven titles up for grabs include:
  1. The Binding of Isaac + its DLC Wrath of the Lamb
  2. Closure
  3. Shank 2
  4. Snapshot
  5. Legend of Grimrock
  6. Dungeon Defenders + DLC
  7. Indie Game: The Movie

Legends of Grimrock
Legends of Grimrock

This is a great way to support the Indie community, as well as PC gaming in general, and there are some incentives to entice users away from being complete cheapskates. Yes, you could pay as little as a penny for the bundle, but if you spend more than a buck, you'll receive Steam keys.

In addition, you only get access to Legend of Grimrock and Dungeon Defenders if you spend more than the average, which is $6.36 at the time of this writing. Not bad considering the titles would normally run around $140 if purchased separately.

Shank 2
Shank 2

When you purchase a Humble Bundle, you're able to allocate your funds however you wish to developers, charity, and a "Humble Tip," the latter of which goes towards bandwidth and further developing the Humble Bundle program. For micro managers, you can even fine tune your funds allotment to developers of specific titles and the two available charities (EFF and Child's Play).

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,571
Points 103,110
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 7:56 PM

A great deal,...........

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 11:48 AM

realneil:

A great deal,...........

Yeah, except we've had a huge wave of awesome games this quarter, and an average person could never find time to play all of these.  Until I can figure out a way to throw myself in front of a 18 wheeler, survive, and sue the trucking company for millions of dollars, I don't think I can find time for more than 2 games.

On a side note, I actually did know a guy who got hit by an 18 wheeler,though fortunately he was in his truck, but he did end up getting a few million. Lucky *** probably beat all these games already, assuming the steel rods in his body aren't hurting him today.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,925
OSunday replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 12:59 PM

Getting this primarily because I want to watch Indie Game: The Movie haha

and also to check out and play dungeon defender and the binding of Isaac since I've heard so much about those two games

These things are great deals but I'm totally with you Dorkstar, I've bought two of these bundles and out of the ten games have probably only played about two of them through. Also one of my best friends got hit by an 18-wheeler when he was about 8 years old riding with his parents, they got over a mil and he got a dedicated 75k for his college fund haha

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS