Google Announces Fiber Expansion To More KC Neighborhoods

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,850
Points 1,170,960
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:47 PM
It's unlikely that Google Fiber will ever blanket all of America. After all, the cost for that could easily put Google in a serious bind after spending billions upon billions on infrastructure. But for the Kansas Cities in the middle of America, things are looking great in terms of Internet. Google first started rolling out fiber Internet and TV services to select neighborhoods in Kansas and Missouri earlier this year, starting in Hanover Heights and Dub’s Dread.

Now, Google's announcing five more locales where fiber services will soon be. In 2013, the company plans to finish rolling things out in Dub's Dread, and then moving to Piper Schools, Delaware Ridge, Painted Hills, Open Door and Arrowhead. If that's you, visit the Via link below to see your sign-up deadline. And don't miss out -- there are millions of people who would love to be in your neck of the woods for this very opportunity.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 8:03 AM

Why Kansas?  That place is nothing but a  barren field.  Dallas however is huge... and not barren.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,094
Points 38,120
acarzt replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 12:46 PM

They should have done this in Austin :-)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 285

The same reason why most companies including Google, Amazon, Paypal, and large credit card companies put their databases in places like Omaha NE, and Council Bluffs, IA. It's in the heart of the country.

I can completly see why they choose Kansas. It's one of the largest cities in the middle of the nation.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,925
OSunday replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 2:54 PM

I don't understand why they wouldn't pick a more dense metropolitan areas for Google Fiber... I mean, I guess the people in Kansas don't have much else to do so they need fast internet lol

And heck yeah acartz, anywhere in Texas sounds good to me haha

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 358
Points 2,565

This should have been done in east Phoenix. :-)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS