Shortcuts

Dropbox Refreshes App For iOS To Version 2.0, Brings New Design And Simpler Uploading

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,664
Points 1,155,115
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Dec 14 2012 9:49 PM
Dropbox might be a mainstay, but it's forcing a tougher road ahead with iCloud and Google Drive being widely available and growing rapidly. Now, however, the company is giving iPhone, iPod and iPad users a reason to stick with it, with a new v2.0 update. Now all of your photos are right at your fingertips with the brand new Photos tab. With just a tap, you’ll be able to scroll through a timeline of all the photos you’ve automatically uploaded (including the pocket-dialed ones too). Also, when you select a photo, you’ll be able to view it in full-screen glory with nary a button in sight. This means you can get maximum real estate when you’re flipping through puppy photos, or those pics of your bare feet. And to make things even better, our new speedy scroller will help you navigate all the way back to time immemorial (or your earliest photos) in seconds.

Dropbox has also streamlined the upload process, making that even easier. There's also a new design, which focuses on simplicity. Per usual, the update's free. If you've tried it out, let us know how it's going in comments.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,925
OSunday replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 1:05 AM

DropBox, king of cloud services upgrades to be even better. Simplicity will make using a cloud service a lot easier and desirable for people looking to invest in cloud based storage

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 10:52 AM

I've only just began using google drive here over the past week or so.  Mostly just for excel spreadsheets and such, and I'm quiet impressed.  It wasn't overly difficult to edit the spreadsheets, although required a bit of retraining due to some of the difference between excel and whatever google is using.  However, it doesn't look anything like this whenever I use the iphone app.  Perhaps I'll play with dropbox to store all my images, and drive to use/share work related material.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,925
OSunday replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:50 AM

Dropbox is pretty nice, it's got decent pricing and a program for free expansion of space through its recommendation program if you wan't to experiment without before going with a paid plan. It also has dedicated applications for multiple OS's and Mobile platforms

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS