Metro: Last Light Game Trailer Looks To Be A Gorgeous, Action-Packed, Killer FPS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,744
Points 1,210,130
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:58 AM
There are plenty of great game trailers out there, but the one that just hit YouTube for Metro: Last Light will really make your trigger finger itch. Great graphics are to be expected, but they’re nothing without compelling imagery, and this game has that in spades. Subway tunnels that make you feel claustrophobic? Check. Haunting wreckage that points to an end-of-the-world struggle? Got it. Monsters that make you wonder about the people who thought them up? You bet.

Image From Metro Last Light Trailer

Metro: Last Light, which has the tagline “Last Bullet. Last Breath. Last Chance.” is a first-person shooter that follows Metro 2033, a post-apocalyptic story that takes place in Moscow. With the new game, it’s 2034, and things are somehow looking even grimmer for the human race. It’s time to wrap things up with the bad guys, and you’re going to have an array of weapons (but just barely enough ammo) to save, well, what's left of the world. That sounds like as good a justification as any for buying a new graphics card. After all, you don't want an outdated card to be the downfall of the human race, right?

By the way, THQ is offering Metro 2033 free to anyone who likes the game's Facebook page. You might as well download it and take it for a spin, as you have a bit of a wait for Metro: Last Light. It’s not expected to be available until March 2013.
  • | Post Points: 110
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:56 PM

I don't think the trailer really does this game any justice.  Metro 2033 was a really fun game, especailly for being overly linear.  It's more about being pulled into the story and sneaking around placing your shots where they will count the most. 

If you're in to single player games, this is one to pick.  If  you haven't played the first one, DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE NOW!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 450
Points 5,345
sackyhack replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 1:11 PM

I absolutely loved the first one, but I'm kinda bummed that the sequel is based off the bad ending.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 1:26 PM

The first one was great but i would like to see the new one be more free roaming. I think after i finish my college finals i am going to replay metro 2033 to become familiar with the game play again.(Ty hothardware for the free copy of this game a couple of years back)

I wonder how THQ is doing, they seem to be in some hot water lately and at risk of possible bankruptcy. Perhaps metro last light is their last light before bankruptcy. However i would hate to see thq go because they have several great games.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,970
OSunday replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 7:28 PM

I had always passed it over as a graphical delight kind of game and although I enjoy that, I still prefer games in depth with a story and message to them.

I wanted to give this a shot since it was free but the link appears to be broken for me! :(

I watched the trailer for the next game and from the video footage of the environment it looks stunning. I love post-apocalyptic settings too, hopefully I'll have the hardware to take fool advantage of the games visual potential too because Metro 2033 had a reputation for being almost overly resource hungry

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,771
Points 105,115
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 8:00 PM

I liked the first one and I'll get the next one too.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 354
Points 3,075

WOW!

I would LOVE this game! Especially on PC! Anybody have the rig to play it though? :P Not me, thats for sure.

I'm hoping that this, along with with Crysis 3 will be amazingly challenging for any rig to conquer on high resolutions, let alone on medium resolutions. Hopefully this will create a need for better hardware >:)

PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+  Cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (push-pull)
  • 2GB DDR2
  • MSI Radeon HD 6450 2GB
  • Stock Dell motherboard
  • 250Gb HDD
  • XFX Pro Core edition 650W PSU
  • Stock Dell inspiron case

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 7:05 AM

"Anybody have the rig to play it though?"

Who ever wins the hothardware constest will have a rig that can handle this game

Not Ranked
Posts 31
Points 260
Mattos replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:11 PM

Ya I definitely can't run this game but man does it look impressive. Should be a demanding game.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 12:49 PM

The game really isn't that demanding, unless they updated the engine it's running on.  I played it just fine with a single gtx 285 1-2 years ago. Meaning a $100 gpu would get you through the game just fine.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS