ROCCAT's New Isku FX Gaming Keyboard Lights Up Your Life

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,882
Points 1,116,715
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Dec 10 2012 6:51 PM
Need some new keys this winter? Don't worry, ROCCAT has you covered -- if you love wild, colorful gaming keyboards, anyway. The company has just introduced the ROCCAT Isku FX, a new gaming 'board that automatically tweaks lighting depending on in-game actions. The Isku FX features off-white UV-coated keys and your choice of backlighting in 16.8 million colors and 6 adjustable brightness levels. How's that for lighting up a LAN party?

The Talk FX technology adjusts the lighting of your Isku FX and ROCCAT mouse in sync with in-game actions. The mouse and keyboard flash in white whenever a new round starts. If your tank gets attacked by an enemy, both devices start to flash in red. According to the company, its exclusive ROCCAT Talk protocol allows the Isku FX Illuminated Gaming Keyboard and the ROCCAT line of high-performance gaming mice to talk to each other – giving you a powerful set bonus that lets you execute mouse macros quickly and easily right from your keyboard. Easy-Aim technology is perfect for when your game demands precise marksmanship in sniper mode. Simply press and hold a single keyboard key and Easy-Aim will instantly optimize the DPI setting on your mouse. This two-handed custom marksmanship is the simplest and most convenient way ever to achieve pinpoint sniping accuracy.

The Isku FX is expected to hit shelves this week, with a suggested retail price of $99.99 / 99,99€
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,635
Dorkstar replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:34 AM

What?  This keyboard is serious.  A dpi adjustment from the keyboard?  That's such an awesome idea.  My gaming gear is becoming so outdated that it's just lost it's edge.  Now personally, I could live without the flashy lights and things, but I do like the simpler design of this one.  Some people just get carried away with the keyboards and mice.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 385
Points 3,845
RTietjens replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 2:07 PM

"Easy-Aim technology is perfect for when your game demands precise marksmanship in sniper mode. Simply press and hold a single keyboard key and Easy-Aim will instantly optimize the DPI setting on your mouse. This two-handed custom marksmanship is the simplest and most convenient way ever to achieve pinpoint sniping accuracy"

Ray, you could at least disclose that you've copied-and-pasted a ROCCAT press release, and not pretend this is a news item or mini-review.

And since I've mentioned it - how about a solid hands-on usage review? I'm in the market for a new keyboard, and this one *looks* good - but how does it perform? How well is it built? How does it feel?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,925
OSunday replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:40 PM

Considering the description was for a proprietary feature unique to ROCCAT, the best way to describe it without hands on experience from the creator of the products press release... No need to try and call anyone out RTietjens

I'm impressed by the price! Logitech's higher end G-series gaming keyboard and Razer's DeathStalker Ultimate both hit about the $200 mark with features similar to this one (although Razer distinguishes itself with the mini LCD screen and customization of LCD keys)

$99 for this many features and customization is a bargain compared to what others are trying to sell similar products for but the only way to justify the price would be with some quality assurance testing analyzing the build and it's performance, I'd love to see a review on this too!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,635
Dorkstar replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:24 PM

OSunday:

$99 for this many features and customization is a bargain compared to what others are trying to sell similar products for but the only way to justify the price would be with some quality assurance testing analyzing the build and it's performance, I'd love to see a review on this too!

I was thinking the same thing.  Even monoprice, the king of low prices, has gaming keyboards now for sale around the $130 price point.  But these are just generic backlit mechanical keyboards, no fancy DPI switching from the keyboard.  Why on earth are keyboards more than some SSD drives?  It doesn't make sense.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS