First Alleged iPhone 5S Pics Land on the Web

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,872
Points 1,172,435
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Dec 5 2012 12:11 PM
The iPhone 5 has been available for two and a half months, and quite frankly, we're surprised it took this long for the first pics of what's supposed to be the inevitable iPhone 5S to appear online. But they're here now, and assuming they're real, you can expect the iPhone 5S to look just like its predecessor.

No big surprise there. After enlarging the screen for the first time since the iPhone debuted and swapping out the familiar (and proprietary) dock connector for a new one, Apple probably isn't real eager on making major changes to the design this early in the game.

iPhone 5 Leaked Photo

Instead, the iPhone 5S will likely sport upgraded hardware and perhaps a few tweaks to appease Foxconn in the manufacturing phase. The pics, which French website NoWhereElse discovered in a forum at iPhone5Parts.net, shows just the shell, both inside and out.

It looks just like the iPhone 5S, save for the position of some internal fixing points, which have been shuffled around. Even if the pictures are real, this could be just an early prototype that may or may not represent the final build.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645

After seeing the phones that are coming out over the next few months, I think Apple realized that the iphone 5 is quickly going to surpassed.  Rumors have already started flooding in about the 5s being released sooner than later, and I think is probably evident of Apple coming to the realization that their iphone line is about to quickly be passed up.  We've got phones coming out with 13 MP camera's now, we've got 1080p displays, and many other features that the iphone 5 is lacking.  Since Steve Job's passed away it seems that Apple has just been in a decline, I think we'll see a lot less of Apple's Iphone in the years to come.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 447
Points 5,270

I'd be annoyed if I was a 5 owner, especially with some of the things they bungled with it. But since I'm on 4 and my plan will be running out around the time 5S comes out, it works out pretty well for me.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,925
OSunday replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 1:08 AM

It's ridiculous how soon Apple releases new products to release ones that aren't even a year old, and the changes between them are usually minor to but give you the feel of having an outdated product

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 2:38 AM

I am not a fan of apple but Samsung pretty much releases a new phone every few months , probably more than apple, so this isnt really much different then what other companies do. My problem with apple is that they callthemself innovators but their phones are relatively the same to their previous generation. I think apple is going to be come the new rimm in a few years.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 354
Points 3,075

Ugh...

go spend your money on something else... D:

PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+  Cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (push-pull)
  • 2GB DDR2
  • MSI Radeon HD 6450 2GB
  • Stock Dell motherboard
  • 250Gb HDD
  • XFX Pro Core edition 650W PSU
  • Stock Dell inspiron case

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 11:25 AM

Kidbest100:

Ugh...

go spend your money on something else... D:

Like a cute kitten.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,925
OSunday replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 9:22 PM

Predicting Apple ending up like Rimm sure is a bold prediction. I don't think that will happen though since Apple has its fingers in pies other than just phones unlike Rimm.

And I feel like Samsung may release quite a few phones often as well but there's a little bit more purpose to them since they're in different price ranges for a different kind of cell phone buyer. They don't release a new iteration of their flagship Android model as often as Apple releases an iPhone

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS