Iphone 5 VS Samsung galaxy S3 which one is better?

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55
Akash179 Posted: Tue, Dec 4 2012 11:40 AM

I am very familiar with the specs of both these smartphones. I have used various android phones in the past but now my friend asks which one to buy between these two? As far as i know in build quality iphone 5 is better and considering specs SGS S3 is better. But still Iphone 5 is much responsive and has better quadrant scores then SGS S3.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,635
Dorkstar replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 12:37 PM

This is the question that nobody has the right answer to.  Android fans say the S3 is better, Apple fans say the Iphone is better.  Personally, I own a iphone 5, it's not a big improvement over the Iphone 4 or 4s.  The only thing that really makes it worth it over the 4 is the LTE and the increased performance.  However, the performance of the 4 wasn't even that bad in my opinion.

That being said, i'm a Iphone owner, and feel that it's time to give android a chance.  So maybe i'm leaning more towards the S3 here.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,925
OSunday replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 2:28 AM

Android phones have always had higher tech specs and been able to do more, however everything you can do with the potential of Android isn't guaranteed to be done well.

While iPhone doesn't have a literal guarantee,  Apple has always designed iOS to work fluidly and easily on their hardware. Part of the reason is that iOS is designed specifically for the guts of iPhones, while Android is designed to be run on a wide variety of hardware. Because of that large compatibility it leaves bigger gaps for errors and things to go wrong.

If you're friend is more of the kind of person who likes to push the limits of what can be done with their phone and use it for a wide variety of purposes other than being a phone, and doesn't mind some troubleshooting and experimentation I'd suggest an Android

While the iPhone has some of the same abilities through Jailbreaking, in general it an easy and better experience who just want a smartphone that works well. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,925
OSunday replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 2:28 AM

*The higher end Android models anyways.

Android has plenty of devices that run off absolute crap hardware unfortunately. 

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 130
phenom2 replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 11:45 AM

I'm Android fan...so it's easy to answer. Latest Jelly Bean is really smooth and fast. The funny thing about Apple products...is that their components are made by Samsung! Even if designed by Apple. I like to use custom rom...install freeware apps and so on and dislike all things limitation imposed by Apple...so I couldn't really think getting an iPhone. I would feel like a "sheep"....that buy something only because all others do that...

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 110
W4RN3R replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 7:03 PM

ive had iphones and android phones i now have a windows phone and prefer that above the rest.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 55
ManuBc replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 1:31 AM

How is that possible, that you like windows phone ? I think it sucks, really.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,439
Points 102,180
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:13 PM

ManuBc:
How is that possible, that you like windows phone ? I think it sucks, really.

It's a matter of preference,.....reallly.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS