Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,722
Points 1,208,955
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Nov 29 2012 12:09 PM

Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 ReviewIn a sense, it feels like Windows Phone 8 is Microsoft's first real foray into the smartphone space post Windows Mobile. Of course, Microsoft made a concerted effort with Windows Phone 7, but there's something very different about version 8. WP8 borrows from the underpinnings of Windows Phone 7, but there are so many differences in the operating system -- along with its incompatibility with WP7-class hardware -- that it feels like we're evaluating an entirely new product. And in reality, we are.

Nokia's Lumia 920 is one of the first Windows Phone 8 products, along with HTC's 8X, in a holiday smartphone lineup that has become amazingly crowded, but Nokia's expertise in the hardware business shines through in the design of this particular phone...

Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 Review

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 12:52 PM

While i'm partial to windows phones (bad experience with the HTC trophy we had as work phones), this one does sound like a possible up and comer.

I'm incredibly impressed with this:

"Because with just a few clicks, you can download every road in America if you wanted to (around 2.6GB), and it actually works even in airplane mode"

How many times have you been driving somewhere, go to pull out your maps application, and find yourself in a bad signal area, unable to determine where you need to be going, or whats around you. I wonder if it displays grid coordinates?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Thank very much!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Points 395

I have had the Lumia 800 since it was available. I see big improvements in the new generation. I don't agree with the limited "ecosystem". In some ways it is broader.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Jaminez replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 11:16 AM

My own ecosystem is what I care about. I have a hair salon in Dallas, and so my phone only needs to have access to the Internet so I can surf for hairstyles. But I agree with you; this is now perfectly broad enough for me. I also think AT&T's 4G LTE network is broad enough. Happy camper here.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS