OCZ Vector Barefoot 3 Solid State Drive Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,687
Points 1,207,040
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Nov 27 2012 12:28 PM

OCZ Vector Barefoot 3 Solid State Drive ReviewOCZ has been carpet-bombing the solid state storage market for years now. It seemed that every time a new controller technology emerged, OCZ was at the ready with a fresh batch of products and over time built a portfolio that targeted virtually every market segment. Consumer-class solid state storage is in an interesting phase right now, though. There was a time when there were only a couple of controllers on the market that allowed OEMs to produce drives capable of effectively saturating the SATA interface, while also offering strong all-around performance. That’s part of the reason everyone and their mother started producing SandForce-based drives. But now there are multiple solutions available that all have their strong suits and offer competitive performance.

So how do you differentiate in market rife with strong products based on similar technologies? One way is to acquire a controller design firm and to create a product that uses all in-house technology, which is exactly what OCZ has done with the new Vector SSD we’ll be showing you here today...

OCZ Vector Barefoot 3 Solid State Drive Review

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 450
Points 5,345
sackyhack replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 12:54 PM

Nice review. That 128GB is more than enough for me. I'm running an older OCZ SSD, forgot what the name was. It's 64GB and I basically just use it for the Windows partition and various apps, like Firefox. The shortened boot times alone were worth it, and $150 for a little more room isn't bad at all.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,684
Points 55,795
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:01 AM

We really dig this drive. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out in the market. I'm willing to bet, price-wise it will become even more attractive in the months ahead.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 12:57 PM

Wow, the benchmarks are rather impressive. I'm just happy to see that were getting a more level playing field among all manufacturers. There for a while it looked like intel was going to a pull ahead, then Samsung stepped up, and since then it's been bouncing all over. Now we just need the prices to keep falling and we'll all be happy!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS