Shortcuts

Possible Instructionary Thread???

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
jharness1990 Posted: Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:09 AM

I know that there is a thread for questions, but something to think about might be a thread dedicated to nooby education where senior members can either post their own instructions or link to the sites that they used when they first started. So that those of us like mahself can check that thread out and do our own research before bugging people with questions that could easily be answered through such a thread.

Apologies if there is one that I missed in my search!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,477
Points 53,915
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:39 AM

Hi JH,

I like the idea actually and we do have these threads in certain areas of the forum but not a dedicated section for it.  Let me give it some thought.  Thanks for the input!

Dave

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,635
Dorkstar replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 2:00 PM

Hey Dave,

Obviously the purpose of the latest sweepstakes here is to draw traffic to your site, and I think jharness1990's idea will indirectly do this.  

For instance, in one of the threads someone asked for some help getting a start on their first rig.  The only places that have information such as benchmarking and pricing are other websites other than hothardware.  While we could make sticky post in those forums, it's simply going to grow old when no longer maintained and not exactly be as helpful as a well organized page would be.  Since the agenda is to build a community here, we'll need to have that same information here.

You guys already have the benchmarks for a number of SSD's from the OCZ Vector Barefoot 3 review, why not start there?  Even a simple table will work, so people could see the cost versus performance.  

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS