Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - A Killer Sequel

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,182
Points 1,185,970
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Nov 18 2012 8:58 PM
With the original Call of Duty Black Ops, Treyarch wanted to prove that it wasn't the "underdog" of the Call of Duty series. They were set to prove they deliver titles as good, or better, than Infinity Ward. While the success of that game versus Modern Warfare could be disputed, it seems to be widely agreed-upon that it was the best Call of Duty the company had ever created.

With Black Ops II, the developer wanted to up the ante - and by all accounts, they have. Treyarch has proven Black Ops II to be the biggest evolution in the series, with key additions ensuring re-playabilty of the single-player campaign - something pretty non-existent with previous titles...

• | Post Points: 95
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 354
Points 3,075
Kidbest100 replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:36 AM

Im glad that they made the Campaign re-playable.

The ability to make decisions within the actual campaign that change the overall outcome of the story is something that has been around for a while in these kinds of games, however fairly non-existent in most Call Of Duty titles.

PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+  Cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (push-pull)
  • 2GB DDR2
  • MSI Radeon HD 6450 2GB
  • Stock Dell motherboard
  • 250Gb HDD
  • XFX Pro Core edition 650W PSU
  • Stock Dell inspiron case

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Points 540
altereDad replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 1:41 AM

I've been involved in the series since MW2. Honestly, I like the multi-player options. I like the shortness of the games. The ability to waste an hour or ten minutes at the end of the day.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Points 1,660

This game is decent... I just hate how they have you customize the load out for each mission now :(

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 55
Dinkman72 replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:39 AM

Treyarch in a way has tried to re invigorate a stale series with new gameplay options. With a lackluster try at a built in RTS and a somewhat welcome to a pre mission load out it seems that they have tried to freshen up the single player campaign a bit but fell short on the goal. I have to admit that I have not played much of the multiplayer but for what I have played it seems to be more of the same as previous versions of this game. In all I would say that the fact you have re-playability in the single player, and have a larger zombie experience that it is worth getting on those merits alone. I will stick with other shooters for multiplayer however.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 620
Points 5,570
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:21 PM

That faux RTS element could have been implemented so much better. If the AI was a bit improved, and a certain squad actually went where I told them to, it'd feel more like actual strategy is involved, not just luck. It wouldn't surprise me if Treyarch released a patch sooner than later to improve those levels a wee bit.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 620
Points 5,570
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:28 PM

For the most part, I just ended up taking what was default. But for the second playthrough, I'll spend more time on customizing the loadouts. I'd hate this feature if the guns they gave you by default were horrible, but they're not. And, you can always pick up an enemy weapon throughout the level to replace what you -do- have.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 994
Points 14,330
Manduh replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:27 AM

The ability to make decisions in story mode is very cool for COD, it will probably make people more likely to play it and maybe even more than once. I still know some people who don't even touch story mode at all though, they just jump right in to online multiplayer.

I have only played it a couple times and I SUCK haha! But it gets played for hours here and I still hear the same laughing, yelling and swearing with BO2 as all the rest in the COD series so it must be good. It sounds to me like a love-to-hate game lol

Thanks for the review.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 110

Would like to play this game but I don't think my 5 year old computer could handle it. It looks and sounds cool. I like the idea that decisions affect the out come. Always liked games that did that. Makes it easier to re-play.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
tinner3 replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 8:54 PM

Read online forums. Just built a new i5 system, Fresh install of Win 7.  In game crashes a big problem.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS