Nintendo's Wii U On Sale On November 18th

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,872
Points 1,172,480
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:53 PM
Got anything going on tomorrow? Looking for a fresh game to play? Nintendo's got a console launching, don't you know? The follow-up to the Wii, called the Wii U, will be celebrating its U.S. launch tomorrow with a midnight launch around the nation. And, at the Nintendo World Store, a midnight "gathering" will be taking place. The first Wii U consoles will go on sale in NYC on the 18th. From Nintendo:

"Consumers will have the chance to be among the first in the world to purchase the Wii U console when the clock strikes midnight on Nov. 18 at Nintendo World in New York's Rockefeller Plaza. Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime will be on hand to count down the launch and sell a new Wii U to the first consumer in line. Fans waiting in line will get premium items (while supplies last) during the event. Nintendo is also selling New York-themed T-shirts with Mario's image at the event. All proceeds from sales of the shirts will be donated to the American Red Cross in support of relief efforts from the effects of Hurricane Sandy."

More than 20 games will be available for Wii U at launch, which will be offered in two different colors and configurations. The Basic Set will be offered in white at a suggested retail price of $299.99, while the Deluxe Set, which includes higher storage capacity, additional accessories and the new Nintendo Land video game, will be offered in black at a suggested retail price of $349.99. Will you be lining up to get one?
  • | Post Points: 155
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 447
Points 5,270
sackyhack replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:52 AM

First console lunch in all of my years of gaming that I don't give a crap about whatsoever. It's going to be some awesome Nintendo games, some decent ports from other consoles, and mostly shovelware. And the hardware is going to be outdated in 2 years time with release of PS4 and Xbox 720. It's probably going to sell like hotcakes at first anyway, but I'm guessing it's going to be dead in the water even faster than the Wii, if that's possible.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 354
Points 3,075

"The Basic Set will be offered in white at a suggested retail price of $299.99...Will you be lining up to get one?"

HAHAHA!!!

No.

PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+  Cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (push-pull)
  • 2GB DDR2
  • MSI Radeon HD 6450 2GB
  • Stock Dell motherboard
  • 250Gb HDD
  • XFX Pro Core edition 650W PSU
  • Stock Dell inspiron case

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:46 AM

I agree with sackyhack, but it might turnout to be the opposite and many people maybe doubting the Wii u because of how bad the Wii was. I know I only enjoyed a few games on the Wii and those were only games based off classic Nintendo characters, and with the price point of the Wii u it has lost the low cost which helped make the Wii appealing.

However, I dont think it matters how bad Wii u is or isnt Im still going to buy it because I have grown up with Nintendo consoles and I am still a Nintendo fanboy.

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 205
bry2k2 replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 11:37 AM

I think everyone is forgetting the last year games they are releasing aren't just simply a rerelease. The titles have been customized to specifically take advantage of the functions of the new console. How many times have you play the same title over a few times from the same console. Well this will be the exact same but you get to experience it in a new way.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 990
Points 14,250
Manduh replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:18 PM

It's tempting, just for the Batman game lol It looks pretty cool on the Wii U!

PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC 7xs - Intel Core i7-2600K - Cooling: PCAL Quiet Operation - Gigabyte Z68 Motherboard - 16GB DDR3-1333 - AMD Radeon HD 5450 - Power Supply: 600 Watts - SRT Drive: Intel 311 SSD (20GB) - Primary Drive: 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB cache - Audio Drive: 1TB, 7200RPM, 32MB cache - Sample Drive: 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB cache - OS: Windows 7 Professional x64

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 152
Points 1,870
imAcpufan replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:56 PM

I don't have a Wii, and don't plan on getting the Wii U. Still, several of my friends who have the Wii are excited for the release of the Wii U. It is a graphical upgrade coming from a Wii I suppose, and maybe with some good launch titles it may be a success. Zombi U looks interesting.

AMD Phenom II 955 BE @ 3.2Ghz - Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P - 4GB Corsair DDR2-1066

BFG GTX 260 - Creative Audigy 2 ZS - CM Cosmos S Case

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

If i was loaded i'd probably be getting it just to see, because nintendo used to be pretty awesome, but they had their run of meh and now they're stuck in the kiddie genre with their wii, I don't think it's fair to forget what nintendo was just because one generation wasn't what we wanted. Not to mention it was the best selling wasn't it? whatever you think of the wii if i recall correctly it beat the piss out of xbox and playstation in sales. This one will too, because of the nintendo fanboys, the kiddies demographic, the dance party lovers, and people like me who'd like to see what they end up doing with a little rope, hoping they won't hang themselves. Not to mention if ZombiU is any indication they WANT to bring back Core gamers. Nintendo has always liked going from gimmick to gimmick but they made some amazing games along the way, so i'm in the wait and see category, give them a last chance and if this turns out like the Wii we can all piss on and bury the name Nintendo for good, and just stick to PC gaming anyway (if you can afford it).

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80
truk007 replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:15 AM

My son asked Santa for one. He really wants the Super Mario Bros. game. Not convinced if Santa should get it right now.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:55 PM

I remember many great Christmases of opening a Nintendo console. Nintendo is basically a family console and I remember many fun times of playing Mario party with friends and family, but recently Nintendo has made a few bad choices and I hope they can turn it around with the wii u.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 25

Thing about it is the wii u will in effect be more powerful than either the ps3 or the xbox 360 from what the specs have been..... Because wii is turning a corner that other consoles havent even glanced at yet.....

computing. Its slowly becoming a powerful console...... well i say console but the main reason that the sales arent going to be nearly as good are because the majority of "gamers" dont see the wii u as an affable way to waste more of their lives on....

whereas the possibilities for the new console will be unreal.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS