Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Launches Tomorrow, Make It a 4 Day Weekend

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,705
Points 1,207,955
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:41 AM
Productivity in the United States won't come to a screeching halt tomorrow, but we suspect there will be a fair number of people calling in "sick" to work and school. That's because Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 launches tomorrow. Call of Duty, of course, is one of the most popular gaming franchises of all time, and you can bet GameStop locations across the country will bustling once the clock strikes midnight.

Speaking of GameStop, there's still time to pre-order a copy online to receive bonus content that won't be available (for free) if you wait until after it goes on sale. What you'll receive is a download code for the Nuketown 2025 bonus map.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Black Ops 2 is releasing to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and PC platforms. It's the ninth title in the CoD franchise and a sequel to the original Black Ops, which sold 5.6 million copies (4.2 million in the U.S.) in the first 24 hours of going on sale. Five days after its release, Black Ops sales reached $650 million, toppling the previous record of $550 million set by Modern Warfare 2. It's made over $1 billion to date.

The sequel is the first in the franchise to feature futuristic warfare technology. It will have branching storylines (another first for CoD), in which player choices affect the current mission and later outcomes. At some point, a Zombies mode will return to Black Ops 2 in a dedicated campaign.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,081
Points 11,700
Joel H replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:43 PM

It'd be more interesting if I hadn't played this game last year. And the year before that. And hey, I think I played it back in the PS2 era. ;)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,756
Points 104,950
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 1:11 PM

LOL!

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 5,700
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 2:53 PM

Sigh, it's true. I am a sucker for CoD though...

This is actually the first one ever though that has me concerned. I am really not that interested in a "futuristic" Call of Duty game, even if this does only take place 20 or so years in the future. Some of the devices and vehicles are just a little outlandish.

We'll see though. Have a feeling I'll be up late playing it tonight.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 997
Points 14,405
Manduh replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 10:47 PM

Yep, I'm going to be a Black Ops 2 widow.... here we go again LoL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,756
Points 104,950
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:23 AM

Manduh:

Yep, I'm going to be a Black Ops 2 widow.... here we go again LoL

At least you'll know where he is,.......LoL!

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 997
Points 14,405
Manduh replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 10:40 AM

Very true Neil! Accept I think I'll go away for a few days so I'm not distracting him on his prestige mission It's very serious stuff haha :P

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 354
Points 3,075

COD is a very repetitious game series. However, they have their good streaks.

I don't think I'll be getting this one, I've heard its like MW3 v.2 ...

Unless that is in a few months I find a REALLY outlandishly good deal on it, then I suppose I'll play Zombies. XD

PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+  Cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (push-pull)
  • 2GB DDR2
  • MSI Radeon HD 6450 2GB
  • Stock Dell motherboard
  • 250Gb HDD
  • XFX Pro Core edition 650W PSU
  • Stock Dell inspiron case

Not Ranked
Posts 31
Points 260
Mattos replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:44 AM

It is indeed quite repetitious. I might be passing on this game as well. Although I must admit I am curious about how good the single player campaign is.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

The Campaign looks hokey, tired, and reliant on futuristic aircraft and vehicles to provide cheap thrills. They may have tried to innovate some with this game but it still seems rooted in the past.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS