Some Microsoft Surface Touch Covers Defective, Splitting Within Days

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,850
Points 1,115,000
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:09 AM
Microsoft is making a big deal about its Touch Covers for Surface tablets, touting them as "revolutionary" and "brilliant," to use just two adjectives you can dig up in marketing materials. But are they also defective? The word from some early adopters is that, yes, Microsoft's Touch Covers are poorly designed.

"My Touch Cover, in the middle at the joint to the screen is peeling. The top layer has come loose and is ruffling up," a user states on SurfaceForums.net.

Unfortunately, his isn't an isolated incident.

Defective Touch Cover

"Mine, too. Right in the middle on the seam it tore open, and pretty quickly too," another forum user chimed in. "On another note, that Microsoft logo on the back is certainly not etched or painted on very well. Mine is already rubbing off."

Several users are reporting the same or similar issues, though by that same token, several have also reported that their Touch Covers are holding up just fine. It's unclear if those having problems are simply using their Touch Covers more than others, or if perhaps a faulty batch made it into the wild.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 133
Points 1,355
MCaddick replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 1:00 PM

No issues with mine yet, but I'll be keeping a close eye on it. If its the case that this is a product-wide issue, one wonders how much testing the touch covers (which really are quite good) received.

Right in the same location as the 'peeling' is a odd little hard plastic bit which possibly houses the accelerometer for disabling the cover when its folded back.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 428
Points 3,530
RiCoFrost replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:20 AM

Mine is also fine, I have the kids playing with it also but i will keep and eye on it.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 1:35 PM

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS