Phantom 410 - my system's new home.

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,087
Points 11,005
CDeeter Posted: Tue, Oct 23 2012 11:21 PM

Well I finally went ahead and pulled the trigger on a NZXT Phantom 410. Newegg had them on sale for $80 last weekend, too good of a deal to pass up, and I'd been wanting one since they came out. For a list of the other parts, here's the link to my earlier post when I first put this system together - http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/60259.aspx

There may be a Phantom in the house, But Bella isn't afraid!

Ah home sweet home!

Plenty of room for any upgrades.

It's Lives!

A successful transplant. Need to work on my low light photo taking, my camera is quite sensitive to movement in low light.

The only thing I need now is one of those new Piledriver CPU Big Smile

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,372
Points 80,290

Very Nice@!

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,466
Points 46,975
ForumsAdministrator
Super Dave replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 11:52 PM

That's a nice case, and your cabling is clean, too. Using a tripod with low-light photos helps a lot!

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,087
Points 11,005
CDeeter replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 3:38 PM

Thanks Guys! Boy is this sucker huge, much larger than I thought it would be. The full size Phantom 820 has to be a monster! Stick out tongue

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 5:17 PM

The build looks good to me too. I like the case, but I would want it in black. (white doesn't float my boat)

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,087
Points 11,005
CDeeter replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 4:58 PM

I'll have to try that tripod idea next time, thanks for the tip.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,087
Points 11,005
CDeeter replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 5:02 PM

Thanks Real Niel. The build was real easy working with this case. The one thing I was worried about after reading a lot of reviews was keeping the grommets in place. They did seem to want to shift around, but being forewarned, I took my time feeding the cables through, and didn't knock any of them off. Perhaps they should have used a little glue to hold them in better.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,925
OSunday replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:15 AM

Nice!
I love this case and NZXT and saying so so often makes me feel like a broken tape recorder but I can't get over the 410 and 820

I noticed you said it was pretty big and I've always contemplated swapping out by full size Antec 1200 for the 410 because my current case is obnoxiously large and now that I commute back and forth from home and college and would like to take it with over breaks it's impossible to do because of the size.
Is it still that large even compared to a full size atx?
I've just never had enough research as to weather or not pulling the trigger like you did would be worth while.. along with not having an extra $100 lying around either haha

Also great pics and slick cable management!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645

If you really hate lugging the 1200 (I have one too, and that thing is HEAVY), have you checked out the Antec 900?  I'm a huge fan of the antec 1200, it's a solid beast, but it really is over sized.  Not sure if you have any around you, but you could always stop in Fry's Electronics or Micro center and check out the cases face to face to see if you can find something lighter.

If I was going for looks, this Phantom 410 would probably be #1 on my list.  That thing looks sleek.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,087
Points 11,005
CDeeter replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:01 PM

Here is a comparison of the two:

Antec 1200:  20.20" x 8.40" x 22.90"  31.3 lbs.

Phantom 410: 20.94" x 8.46" x 20.31" 20.06 lbs.

So the Phantom is 11 pounds lighter, but the outer dimensions are quite similar, probably due to the Phantom not being shaped like a box. But still,it ain't small by any means =)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator

The amount of metal or plastics in a case makes a difference too.

IMO,...........more metal means better quality in most cases.

I just bought a Fractal ARC Midi case that was on sale for 60 Bucks shipped. (normally much more)

I don't even have a build planned for it, but I couldn't resist the damn thing for that price.

http://www.islabit.com/wp-content/imagenes/raul/fractal-design-arc-midi/07-fractal-design-arc-midi.jpg

My best case so far is my Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra. It's HUGE, but it cools well, has good features, and it's really quiet too.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645

Man, I really liked that fractal case too.  I wanted something black that would like tucked in a corner for a media center, but I just can't bring myself to tear everything out of the case it's currently in and put it all back in another.  It's fun doing new builds, not fun redoing the same build.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator

After looking at it, I may move my FX-4170 system into it.

I took it out of the box just now, and it's a great looking case.

There is a lot of interior room and the design is builder friendly.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,087
Points 11,005
CDeeter replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 5:17 PM

That Fractal is smooth and classy, nice grab too.Smile Really don't know much about Rosewill

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator

CDeeter:
Really don't know much about Rosewill

Rosewill is Newegg's House brand. I think that they have existing manufacturers make goods to their specifications.

My Blackhawk Ultra is a fine case with a lot of options in it. All of it's (red LED) fans are 140mm and 230mm and not 120mm size.

It's cable management is superb.

But it's very large.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

Absoulutly Beautiful! Grea Job!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 2:35 PM

realneil:

CDeeter:
Really don't know much about Rosewill

Rosewill is Newegg's House brand. I think that they have existing manufacturers make goods to their specifications.

My Blackhawk Ultra is a fine case with a lot of options in it. All of it's (red LED) fans are 140mm and 230mm and not 120mm size.

It's cable management is superb.

But it's very large.

Ahh, that makes so much sense.  I remember seeing Rosewill just appear one day selling everything computer related.  It was as if they just appeared out of nowhere.  

Is newegg just being an exclusive marketer here or are they the ones behind the actual manufacturing?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:49 PM

Dorkstar:
  Is newegg just being an exclusive marketer here or are they the ones behind the actual manufacturing?

I don't know for sure. I ~think~ that they contact manufacturers and have them make products with the Rosewill name on them. A lot of companies do this from what I'm hearing. (PSU makers as an example)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 6:54 PM

realneil:

Dorkstar:

I don't know for sure. I ~think~ that they contact manufacturers and have them make products with the Rosewill name on them. A lot of companies do this from what I'm hearing. (PSU makers as an example)

Really?  I haven't seen anything from Rosewill that I recognized as another brand, but then again I really have dove too deep into them.  I figured they weren't manufacturing PC cases, and desk chairs though.  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:09 PM

Dorkstar:
Really?  I haven't seen anything from Rosewill that I recognized as another brand, but then again I really have dove too deep into them.  I figured they weren't manufacturing PC cases, and desk chairs though. 

My Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra looks a ~~whole lot~~ like the Enermax Fulmo GT case. (it has better options in it though)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:18 PM

realneil:

Dorkstar:

My Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra looks a ~~whole lot~~ like the Enermax Fulmo GT case. (it has better options in it though)

Oh wow, it looks like they removed the front bezel, and changed up the top a little.  Everything else looks identical.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:26 PM

The Rosewill has space for ~nine~ 120mm fans on the side panel.

Inside, it has more fans in more places. Plus, it has larger 140mm fans installed.

Same size exterior,....same amount of expansion bays, same internal measurements too.

The hot swap tray on the top of the case works great. The inside has extra 3-pin fan headers for 8 extra fans, not counting whatever your motherboard has.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,087
Points 11,005
CDeeter replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:23 AM

realneil:
The hot swap tray on the top of the case works great. The inside has extra 3-pin fan headers for 8 extra fans, not counting whatever your motherboard has.

Sure does sound like it has all the cooling you could ask for, and having that hot swap bay is a really cool feature.It would come in handy in a computer shop for trouble shooting hard drives, and making back ups of customer data from dead systems.

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 80

Looks nice and clean. Nice job.

Page 1 of 1 (24 items) | RSS