Logitech Introduces G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,818
Points 1,166,515
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Oct 9 2012 5:45 PM

Logitech announced the latest addition to its G-Series line in the form of the new Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. This keyboard features high-speed, low-noise mechanical keys and adjustable dual-zone backlighting.

Logitech realizes rapid command entry is important to gamers so the G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard features an actuation force of 45g and distance of 4 mm. To reduce noise, each keycap has a built-in dampening ring underneath. To ensure the keyboard can withstand rigorous use, the keyboard has been tested to ensure a durability of at least a 50 million keystrokes.

The keyboard is backlit using a white LED light that can be adjusted to four brightness levels. You can also turn off the backlight. In addition, the brightness of the WASD keys and arrow keys can be adjusted independently of the rest of the keyboard.

You can use the Logitech Gaming Software to assign complex macros or intricate Lua gaming scripts to the keyboard’s G-keys. The keyboard supports up to 18 individual functions per game. The Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is compatible with Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista. Expect the Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard to be available in October for about $150.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
Points 600

put those keys on my G19's with the LED screen, add the G15's amount of function keys and make it PC/Mac compatible and I'll buy a new keyboard.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 619
Points 5,260

I take it you havent used mech? Sure, not as many functions, but for actual use of the keys, it beats the pants off yours. Thank you Logitech for finally recognising the need, but Ive got my Filcos...

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 80
DKillion replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:23 PM

Looks a lot like my CoolerMaster Storm, which I got for $100 from Fry's a few months ago - 1/3 cheaper...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,572
Points 103,130
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 9:25 PM

It looks OK, but my Corsair K90 is doing great for me. Mechanical keys really ~are~ the way to go.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS