Democratic Candidate’s World of Warcraft Hobby Deemed Politically Incorrect

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,861
Points 1,171,735
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Oct 7 2012 11:03 AM
It's official, folks -- I will not be running for President or any other political office. I don't have a grand desire to enter a life of politics anyhow, but if I did, my past (and present) would come back to haunt me. You see, I'm a thief and a damn good pickpocket. Probably one of the best in all of Tamriel. I've killed, maimed, and even had stints as a terrorist, planting bombs in dusty desert locales and holding office workers hostage. I've eaten mushrooms that made me feel twice as tall, and have run over prostitutes with stolen cars...more than once.

Yes, I'm a gamer, and I do all kinds of unscrupulous things in alternate realities. Colleen Lachowicz, a Democratic candidate for state Senate in Maine is a gamer too, leading a "time-consuming double life" as an orc in World of Warcraft.

WoW Orc
Colleen Lachowicz, AKA Santiaga, politician and level 85 orc assassination rogue.

"So I'm a level 68 orc rogue girl. That means I stab things...a lot. Who would have thought that a peace-lovin', social worker and democrat would enjoy that?!...," Lachowicz admitted in 2009.

Her confession is now being used against her by the state party, which has paid for and authorized a blog called Colleen's World designed to run Lachowicz out of politics. One of the reasons, besides the fact that politics is a dirty, mud-slinging business, is because "studies have found the average WoW gamer is 28, and spends 22.7 hours a week playing in Azeroth."

The blog highlights comments Lochowicz has made referring to her in-game persona. It points out how she loves stabbing and poisoning people, and being able to "kill stuff without going to jail."

So do I, and thankfully, I'm not running for office.
  • | Post Points: 140
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 385
Points 3,845

I'm male, 62 years of age, and I enjoy sending my pet leopards and apes to savagely attack my enemies; I enjoy cast Frostfire Bolts to burn and freeze my enemies; I enjoy hacking my enemies to tiny bits with my magic sword.

And I think that anyone who is opposed to virtualized violence, which lets me sublimate my aggressive tendencies and take out my frustrations on fantasy creatures in a world that exists only on the Internet, must be in favor of *real world* terrorism and violent overthrow of the government. It follows that they are traitors and enemies of America.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 3:19 PM

Mmos get a bad rep for being time wasters and only for nerds, but every one has something they are addicted to. I know people who are on face book for hours and play farmville but have criticized mmos.

Hay at least when I want to pretend i am something i am pretending to be a badass monster slayer..... not a farmer.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 481
Points 3,825

LOL that's just too funny.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 90
JHooper replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 8:03 PM

The Republicans are upset, because they play EVE Online.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,577
Points 103,185
MembershipAdministrator

I just adore the occasional head shot,..............

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,821
Points 45,685
rapid1 replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 8:27 PM

Politics in this country has almost become a joke in all reality as it is about nothing real anymore but is in general about what you can twist something to look like. As far as playing WOW for half an hour in the last month I can think of much larger wastes of time like having sex with your intern, or going on a trip supplied by an individual who hopes to influence your vote on state or federal issue, or accepting a car or house for you children from a company that makes that type of equipment and some good campaign contribution just to get in my favor. Playing a game as a distraction for a minor amount of time means nothing.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 608
Points 5,495
ForumsAdministrator

Buff please, her opposition has a mental disease.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 653
Points 5,925

WoW (pun intended) ! So World of Warcraft has become an issue in the US elections ! Good to see that people there don't let themselves get bogged down with such old-fashioned issues like interminable foreign wars, unemployment, increasing economic inequality, infrastructure and environmental degradation, education, etc, etc, but rather are creative and can rise to the occasion and discuss the really important things in life, like WoW !...

Henri

PS : Rapid1, was your comment on having sex with one's intern being a much larger waste of time made from the point of view of the intern, or the office holder you obviously had in mind ? The reply mihgt not necessarily be the same, you know....

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS