Amazon Kindle Paper White Kindle Jailbroken

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,877
Points 1,116,510
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Oct 6 2012 11:02 AM
Well that was fast. For those of you who purchased (or are considering the purchase of) a Kindle Paperwhite ebook reader from Amazon, you can already jailbreak the device. The modded code is "heavily based" on a previously known hack for the Kindle 4/Touch, updated with a handful of tweaks and a new delivery method.

It's a fairly simple process, as far as installing modified code goes. To perform the jailbreak, Kindle Paperwhite owners need only download a file and upload it to the root directory of their Paperwhite device via USB, and then restart. The code takes over and does the rest.

Kindle Paperwhite

With a jailbroken Kindle Paperwhite, owners can install third-party apps, use the device as a weather display or even as a monitor connected to a Raspberry Pi, and other things. It essentially acts as a jailbroken Kindle, only with a far nice screen.

Before proceeding, be warned that if something goes wrong, the only way to restore/revive the device is with a serial port.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator

I like the looks of the lighted version.

Too bad you have to pay them extra money for 'no advertising' on it.

That's the only reason I haven't replaced my older model Kindle yet.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Hi,

Can you explain the serial port reference? There is no serial port.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS