HTC One X+ Superphone is First to Combine Tegra 3 with LTE in the U.S.

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,088
Points 1,183,280
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Oct 3 2012 1:10 PM
HTC finally saw fit to formally introduce its One X+ smartphone, which is the successor to the popular One X. The refreshed version looks pretty much identical to the original, but on the inside, it sports upgraded hardware, including a 1.7GHz Tegra 3 processor from NVIDIA and a faster clocked GPU that runs at 520MHz.

According to HTC, the One X+ is up to 67 percent faster than the One X. It's also the first to pair a Tegra 3 chip with an LTE radio, at least in the U.S. market, as NVIDIA points out.

HTC One X+

"It boasts a supercharged version of the NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor, which features the high-performance, 4-PLUS-1 quad-core architecture and unique 5th battery-saver core. On the Android side of the equation, the HTC One X+ will ship with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and debuts HTC’s new Sense 4+ skin. The AT&T HTC One X+ will be the first Tegra 3 LTE smartphone for the U.S.," NVIDIA said.

In addition, HTC upgraded the internal storage to 64GB and bumped up the camera's optics to a 1.6MP sensor, up from 1.3MP on the original One X. To power all these upgrades, HTC shoved a 2100 mAh battery into the chassis, upgraded from the 1,700 mAh in the original.

No word yet on price, though HTC did say the One X+ will be available later this month.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 2,170
karanm replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 10:57 PM

I really like the HTC One X that I have right now but I definitely will see how much this phone will cost me when it comes out and whether I can recover that cost by selling my current phone. The performance difference aside I would really like the power saving features of that 5th core (if there are actually any) and the bigger battery.

Oh and the extra storage would be awesome also since I wouldn't need to carry around a separate tablet like I usually do.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,830
Points 45,790
rapid1 replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:10 AM

Yeah; I see the Galaxy SIII going through the same + treatment, and wonder why they dropped them with the dual core processor here rather than quad core from the start like they did in the rest of the world.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 2,170
karanm replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 10:53 PM

I'm not sure but it might have something to do with the LTE radios, or could just be a marketing decision. either way both the dual core phones are fast enough, quad core would be better for gaming, especially the the tegra 3.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS