HTC One X+ Breaks Cover, 1.7GHz Quad-Core, Android 4.1 Jellybean

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,857
Points 1,115,555
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Sep 28 2012 8:39 AM
It's nigh impossible to stay one step ahead in the smartphone race, because just as soon as you pick up a handset, a successor inevitably pokes its head into view. That's the case for HTC One X owners, who should probably stop reading right now. For everyone else, be advised that HTC's faster clocked One X+ isn't too far off in the distance.

The upcoming device was featured in a recent brochure for O2, which is a wireless carrier in the U.K. According to the ad, the One X+ ups the ante with a 1.7GHz quad-core CPU (the processor in the One X is clocked at 1.5GHz) and twice the amount of built-in storage (64GB versus 32GB). It will also come with an additional 25GB of DropBox storage in the cloud, just like the One X.

HTC One X
The HTC One X+ looks like the original One X (shown above), but is clocked faster and has more internal storage.

HTC is loading the device with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean right from the get-go, so new buyers will have the latest and greatest version of Google's open source OS the moment they unbox their device. No word on when it will ship, other than "soon," according to the brochure.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:17 PM

Android's biggest problem is that vendors are still pushing 2.x devices, so this should be a pretty great upgrade for most.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 651
Points 5,915
mhenriday replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 5:46 AM

«That's the case for HTC One X owners, who should probably stop reading right now.» But, Paul, what do you think will happen if they do continue reading ? Will there be a wailing and a gnashing of teeth ? As an owner of desktops and laptops, I enjoy reading about new developments in those fields (which, of course, is why I'm a fan of HotHardware), and don't mind at all that my boxes aren't the very latest ; while I do look forward to my next build with more modern components, so long as my current machines can do their job, I'm happy in the best of all possible worlds. Are smart-phone owners a different order of being, who absolutely must have the latest if their psychological health is not be risked (the very image of an Apple fanboi), even if their present phones meet their needs ?...

Henri

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
drekilaja replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 11:08 AM

I must recommend for those who looking for quad core Android 4.1 device, Ainol NOVO 7 Venus. It has quad-core CPU, 1280x800 pixel 180 degree viewing angle IPS capacitive screen, 1GB RAM and 16GB flash storage. It runs Google's latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. It's $100 cheaper than Google Nexus 7 with the same hardware configuration. It costs 129.99$. uPlay is Ainol's official distributor, and you can see more about this product on: http://www.uplaytablet.com/ainol-novo-7-venus

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 2:39 PM

True. Problem is Google has not or does not want to unify the OS updating process. While I understand their is a huge issue with this they haven't stepped forward and I love android. Every one I haven owned as always been rooted to I can get the new update faster and overall faster speed and get rid of the bloatware carriers put on this. 

I love all things Google but im sure they didn't see the growth of what android is now. Either way they half way dropped the ball on this but hopefully one day they will atleast have some way to make sure manufactures and carriers alike have to push out updates to the OS within a certain amount of time for the consumers.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS