Samsung Rolling Out Android 4.1 Jellybean Update To Galaxy S III Today

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,882
Points 1,116,820
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Sep 24 2012 9:23 AM
Samsung likes to rub it in Apple's face that "the next best thing is already here," but for tried and true Android users, the next best thing on the open source side of the mobile fence is Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.x) on the Galaxy S III. Well, move over Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.x), because here comes Jelly Bean.

Recent forum reports reveal that Samsung has begun rolling out Jelly Bean on its flagship smartphone in Poland, via the company's Kies synchronization software. A few other eastern European countries also seem to be receiving the update. If true, the Jelly Bean rollout is a little ahead of schedule, as Samsung previously said to expect an OS update in October.

Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

"I uploaded the firmware and added screenshots. It's Jelly Bean and it's official Gallery is smoother now," a senior member on XDA Forums posted early this morning.

The Galaxy S III is widely considered the best Android smartphone on the market right now.. Samsung claims to have sold 20 million Galaxy S III devices during the first 100 days it was made available
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,796
Points 45,500
rapid1 replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 9:53 AM

Hopefully you guys will retest the "NEW" iPhone against the GIII with the newest OS so we can see the real and fully current results.

Machine name: rapid1
 Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) 
 System Model: Gigabyte X58A-UD5
 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
 Memory: Kingston 6144MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 579
Points 5,260
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:25 AM

When Samsung unveiled its latest ad poking fun at Apple fans, the fact that the SIII -still- didn't have Jelly Bean is the first thing that stood out to me. So, all I can say is "finally". Hopefully ASUS isn't far behind with its older TF tablets.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
LWeng replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 3:39 AM

cheap tv mobile phones

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 2,170
karanm replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 9:38 AM

AHH I might have to wait till December for the update on my HTC. Not a big problem since ICS runs great but the tekkie in me is a little jealous of the GS III owners right now :S

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 40

After teasing its customers with support docs of the Jelly bean update for its Samsung Galaxy S3 variant for a couple of days, Verizon announced the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung flagship smartphone yesterday.
How to updated

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,635
Dorkstar replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 10:49 AM

Really?  I would have assumed the Galaxy S3 would have gotten every update the second it became available.  Why are all these carriers taking so long to roll out updates?  It doesn't make any sense to me.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,925
OSunday replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 12:12 PM

Oh the irony of unwarranted pokes.. -.-

Since the Galaxy series of Samsung phones are touted as some of the top of line for Android I figured they would've had the updates pushed to these devices (And ones like the transformer tablets since they fit into a similar category) much earlier than this 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS