Apple iOS 6: Maps Mayhem and What’s New

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,722
Points 1,208,955
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Sep 20 2012 11:51 AM

Apple iOS 6: Maps Mayhem and What’s NewApple's iOS 6 is now available to download, and Apple has been quick to tout some "200 new features" over iOS 5. But of those 200, only a select few are noticeable to the end user. While a ton of stuff has been tweaked under the hood to enhance or otherwise modify the OS, not all of it is apparent to the end user. There are a few features, however, that are immediately apparent; here are our favorite new features that you'd be wise to check out...

Apple iOS 6: Maps Mayhem and What’s New

• | Post Points: 95
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,078
Points 9,980
sevags replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 12:07 PM

I am extremely disappointed.... I installed the update on our ipad2 and my moms iphone4 and was abou to update mine when I realized there is absolutely nothing new of importance and it's quite hard to notice any changes at all! For all intents and purposes nothing has changed about ios! It looks the same, feels the same, other than a few new ways to ignore phone calls nothing major has come. I'm one of those NORMAL people who no longer uses Facebook and never found the appeal of twitter so I have neither and even if indie I wouldn't want either one integrated into my phone especially so tighly, what's wrong with giving us the choice to download those apps or not rather than including them with no way of removing them from sight. FaceTime over wireless would be nice but I'm with AT&T so much for that.

After installing ios6 on 2 devices and not seeing a need for it I stopped the update on my own phone when unrealized it wouldn't be worth going from my jailbroken iPhone with lots of features not found in ios5 or ios6 just for a Do not disturb status for phone calls that I never make or receive.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 292
Points 3,055
Aoshi replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 3:18 PM

Agreed, this one was a bit of a flop. The new maps with turn by turn was a necessary upgrade. However the maps done by Apple are very unspecific. I'm staying on iOS 5 for a while. I need the incredibly detailed maps.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
magic1959 replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 5:08 PM

tell siri to open google maps and then tell her to pin it to the 'desktop'

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 164
Points 1,630
MCaddick replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 8:07 PM

And yet the apple-drones will still all lap it up and praise it for being revolutionary and innovative.

sigh

I updated my ipad3 and am regretting it just 1 day hence. Apple's map stuff is far inferior to google's and my device seems noticeably slower, especially in the app store section.

I have not noticed any benefits yet.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 70
Travelluna replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:17 AM

I like the new iOS 6 I like the travel boarding passes I will use thus one a lot. Not fond of the maps at all

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 309
Points 2,990
JOMA replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 7:41 PM

I'm holding off just to wait for some of the bugs to be fixed and to be sure my battery life isn't going to suffer.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:00 PM

Just wanted to say the maps app is still garbage. If you want to get within a 5 mile radius of a exact location, it works. If you want to find "a Walmart" it can do that, but don't think it will be the closest.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS