Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Disagrees with Apple's Patent Victory Over Samsung

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,873
Points 1,172,785
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Sep 15 2012 10:46 AM
Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple and inventor of the Apple I and Apple II, has never been one to bite his tongue, and he certainly didn't when asked what he thought about the patent dispute between Apple and Samsung. In three words, "I hate it," Wozniak explains, and he also doesn't agree with Apple's $1 billion victory over Samsung.

"I don't think the decision of California will hold. And I don't agree with it -- very small things I don't really call that innovative," Wozniak told Bloomberg in an interview.

iPhone 5

Apple sued Samsung for allegedly ripping off the look and feel of iPhone and iPad devices in creating its Galaxy line, with mixed results around the world. Here in the U.S., a jury ultimately decided in Apple's favor, awarding the company over a billion dollars in damages. Samsung is expected to appeal, but in the meantime, the same battle wages on in overseas courts.

"I wish everybody would just agree to exchange all the patents and everybody can build the best forms they want to use everybody's technologies," Wozniak added.

A man can dream, can't he?
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 98
Points 670
ECouts replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 12:29 PM

Finally! Someone from Apple that doesn't do whatever they can to squeeze a few more dollars out of someone!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 481
Points 3,825
RiCoFrost replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 4:24 PM

Steve Wozniak I love this guy, His so down to earth and is never one sided.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 653
Points 5,925
mhenriday replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 2:52 AM

Kudos to this Apple Steve - the innovator, not the megalomaniac !...

Henri

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,577
Points 103,200
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 9:17 PM

mhenriday:
the innovator

The original,.........

I have a lot of respect for this guy.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 653
Points 5,925
mhenriday replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 2:54 AM

You're not alone, realneil ! Big Smile He's one of the few who doesn't require the hype created by advertising agencies and less knowledgeable journalists to win general admiration from those who follow these matters....

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS