ASUS Partners with Custom PC Makers to Debut “Powered by ASUS” Build-to-Order Program

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,421
Points 1,193,215
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Sep 5 2012 1:42 AM
If you dig custom PC builds and are also a fan of ASUS products, today is like Christmas for you. ASUS has announced its “Powered by ASUS” program, which essentially lets you configure a made-to-order custom rig from a boutique builder that’s packing ASUS components.

“There are a lot of hardware enthusiasts and ASUS fans out there that do not build their own PCs, but want additional performance and features typically not available in off-the-shelf systems,” said Timothy Lin, Director of Product Management at ASUS. “This unique program offers consumers the ability to custom configure a system utilizing a wide variety of high-quality ASUS components.”

ASUS graphics card

Just how ASUS-y can you make your own custom build? ASUS says that customers will be able to find a range of components from motherboards to graphics cards to headsets to monitors.

ASUS headphones

You can get the benefits of the Powered by ASUS program from plenty of custom builders; the full list at launch includes CyberPower, Digital Storm, Falcon Northwest, Geekbox, ORIGIN PC, iBUYPOWER, Puget Systems, Maingear, and V3 Gaming.

ASUS monitor

ASUS is also running a special deal only in the month of September wherein you’ll get a free Xonar DSX sound card in your custom rig if you buy a qualified system from one of the aforementioned authorized builders, so you might as well act fast.
  • | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 72
Points 645
4L1G8R replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 4:58 PM

They're one of the very few who can even do a wide-range PC build program like this. Most other companies are only really good in one or two areas of PC hardware, but ASUS is great all around.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,697
Points 104,435
MembershipAdministrator

I like their quality. I have lots of ASUS gear here and it all is top notch too.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 654
Points 5,945

Even at the lower end of the spectrum, ASUS seems to make good, reliable products. When the retirees whom I help with their computer problems are in the market for a new computer (most of the time, alas, a laptop - I have little success in convincing even those who never move their computers from their desks that they'd get more for their money with a desktop) and ask me what brands I'd recommend, I always include ASUS (won't tell you which brands I suggest they avoid)....

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS