Shortcuts

Who moderates the Moderators?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
jurassicass2 Posted: Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:05 PM

After visiting this site everyday (minus the weekends of course, we all know nothing gets done on the weekends ;)) for over a year, I finally decided to make an account and voice my opinion.

For that, I get banned. Which is fine, big whoop. But what really annoys is that there isn't a system on this forum to protest against such banning. Unbelievably posts just get deleted, silenced like nothing ever happened. Sorry what era are we living in?

Monday to Friday, I looked forward to getting to my desk at work and firing up Chrome to see what's new on HH. ***, I even fight the urge to check on my phone at a red light. Now, I'm disgusted at how easily a moderator could just remove everything, as if nothing happened.

Unbelievable.

I don't care to have my account reinstated, I could care less, it takes literally 3 minutes to make a new account, depending on the confirmation email of course. What I do care about is there should be a better system put in place. No one mod should have the power to delete an account on the whim. At least have a place to voice a complaint. These draconian rules are ridiculous.

HH, if you're going to run a website where you want visitors to have the ability to voice an opinion, you need to understand and appreciate the good, the bad, and the ugly. And for god sakes, moderate your moderators.

Here is the "discourse" that got me banned.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,561
Points 54,715
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:28 PM

Jurassic, 

The answer to your question is HotHardware's staff are the admins in this forum and as a result, as you discovered, we moderate the moderators, so to speak.

You're welcome here if you can keep the hostility (and vulgarity) in check.

I banned you because the previous post you made (which was deleted) contained aggressive profanity towards other members.

Do it again, you'll be banned again.

We treat people with respect here and I advise you to do the same.  

You don't have to agree, a healthy, passionate debate is fine, and even a little trash talking. However, get hostile and vulgar... we'll show you the exit.

Thanks

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,377
Points 31,015
rrplay replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:56 PM

Thank You Dave!

@Jurassic  I did not care for the name calling which is most in appropriate.,and find it  certainly most offensive  to me and the spirit of this community.

A debate and discussion is certainly AOK in my book  ..but then again being disrespectful in any community [as you have shown] is certainly in-appropriate/

** no doubt I would back this and any community I participate in

the rest is up to you

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS