Fujifilm X-E1 Compact Camera Brings That Old School Sex Appeal

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,098
Points 1,183,570
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Aug 24 2012 1:42 PM
You know you're getting older when styles you grew up with come full circle and are cool again. It happens with clothes, haircuts, music, and yes, even electronics. Underscoring this point are leaked images of Fujifilm's upcoming X-E1, a compact camera with modern internals dressed in retro digs.

Depending on how old you are, the X-E1 looks like a camera you or your parents used to own several decades ago. Despite the old look, however, it's a high-end camera with a detachable lens and a layout that's very similar to Fujifilm's X-Pro1. The X-E1 doesn't appear to be a successor to that camera, however, and will likely be positioned as a lower cost alternative without an electronic viewfinder.

Fujifilm X-E1

One of the leaked images shows the detachable f/2.8-4 18-55mm Fujinon Aspherical lens all by itself. Other details, including price and release date, are unknown at this time.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 290
Points 2,255

Thats some nice oldschool magic. I love it oldschool rocks.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 309
Points 2,990
JOMA replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 9:29 AM

Pretty neat for those who want the old school look with the modern tech. I am old enough to remember when there were cameras that looked like this.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 501
Points 4,625
AKnudson replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 4:37 PM

The old school look seems a bit rough to me, my sister is a camera fanatic and she has the smoothed over compact nikon, some thousand or other. the difference looks to me like the difference in a restored old car and a new Ferrari, either will do but two types of people would choose each one over the other.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,622
Points 103,905
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 1:25 PM

There's nothing old school about that lens. I like it.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 40
Kilauea replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 1:24 PM

I actually find the Fuji cameras look fine. They have great image quality and finally the autofocus is getting better (apparently) with the likes of the X-T1 (another old school look which is kind of a copy of the Olympus OMD series). Not sure about the X-E2.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS