Need help with purchase decision for new laptop

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
brighter Posted: Mon, Aug 20 2012 3:38 PM

I'm new to this site and hope someone can help who understands more than I do!  I am a Creative Memories consultant and do a lot of work and demos with our photo organization and editing software as well as our digital photo book / creativitiy / artwork software.  Both programs are hogs, and there are times when I have a number of internet windows open as well and see my 4 GBram and Intel Core Duo2 T6600 processor utilization hitting 75-80% and the programs are not running as fast as I would like.  I do not have a separate graphics card (and not sure if I need one).  The PC is 3 years old and I am ready to replace and give to my daughter.

Best Buy has what looks to be a really good deal on an HP laptop (I believe it is a Pavillion dv6, although Best Buy does not say that) with AMD Quad Core A10-4600M, 6GB RAM, 640GB HD, a gorgeous 15 inch screen, and up to 9 hours battery life, also important to me.  Reg. $699, on sale for $579.  The BB rep said the AMD has graphics built in as part of the processor and should do a fine job for what I want.  Can anyone confirm or if I am off track, help guide me?

Thanks in advance!

Becky

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,462
Points 46,945
ForumsAdministrator

HotHardware did a webcast a few months ago about the AMD A10 (see HERE). The article that was mentioned in that webcast is HERE. Hope the info helps you in your decision, Brighter. Welcome to HotHardware!

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,462
Points 46,945
ForumsAdministrator

Office Depot has an HP dv6 A10 laptop on sale this week for $549.99 (after mail-in rebate), Becky. LINKY

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS