Z77 Motherboard Roundup II: EVGA, ASRock, Gigabyte, Zotac

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,383
Points 1,192,230
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Jun 26 2012 11:53 AM

Z77 Mobo Roundup II: EVGA, ASRock, Gigabyte, Zotac We've already covered all of the juicy details of Intel’s Z77 chipset and put a few motherboards through their paces, but there are so many manufacturers with killer boards available based on the chipset, that it’d be a crime if we didn’t round up another stack of them for you.

This round of Z77 mainboards consists of entries from ASRock, EVGA, Gigabyte, and Zotac, more specifically the ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional, EVGA Z77 FTW, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, and Zotac Z77-ITX WiFi...

Z77 Motherboard Roundup II: EVGA, ASRock, Gigabyte, Zotac

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Building a comp for a friend. They probably will not ever take the cover off of the case unless something goes wrong with it. They play a few games and such. They are not really up on computer stuff but like to play games. Any thoughts, pros, cons to the Gigabyte for this sort of a build?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 3:03 PM

It seems alot of the people I know for the z77 is going with EVGA. I got nothing aginst ASrock or Zotac but I haven't used their board before. As for gigabyte ive read alot of people recommend them but after using one of their boards (it was an AMD board so it may not apply since I personally have an ASUS anyways) I just lost some faith in gigabyte for the fact of just getting Windows to recognize a RAID I setup though the board. 

I can think of about 4 guys I know currently that run EVGA z77 boards and everyone of them loves it!

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 120
Steveox replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 9:44 AM

I suprised to see that the Zotac beat out gigabyte in this test.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 88
Points 590

Not surprised asrock took the award, they make solid boards at a great price.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS