Electronic Arts Readies 'Massive' Patch for Battlefield 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,388
Points 1,192,450
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jun 1 2012 11:56 AM
We don't know if Electronics Arts' upcoming update for Battlefield 3 qualifies as the mother of all game patches, but it's certainly in contention for the update crown. EA said the update, which will roll out on June 4-5, is "a big one," an understatement of epic proportion, considering the multitude of tweaks, changes, enhancements, and fixes included within.

"The next Battlefield 3 update goes live June 4-5 on all formats. As usual, the period between the last update and this upcoming one has been spent listening to our community, tweaking parameters, balancing performance, and eliminating issues that we have found with your help," EA announced in a blog post. "In short, the June update will make sure Battlefield 3 plays even better."

One of the ways EA hopes to make BF3 play "even better" is by reducing the suppression effect, a hot topic since the last big update, in which EA cranked up the effect to the point where some players complained it was too much.

EA said it's dialing back the suppression effect in Battlefield 3.

In addition, there will be no more accidental team kills.

"Now, we are dialing the suppression effect back a notch. It will still be higher than it was prior to any of our patches," EA explains.

There will be changes to how servers are identified, vehicle related updates, soldier and gadget updates, weapons related changes, and over a dozen added and fixed features that fall under the 'miscellaneous' umbrella. All told, there are around 70 changes included in the patch.

PC and Xbox 360 gamers around the globe will get first dibs starting on June 4th, as will PS3 users in all regions other than Japan/Asia, which will see the update rolled out a day later.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 754
Points 8,520
LBowen replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:02 PM

Still have not given this game a go yet. I'm trapped in Amalur for the moment :)

"I have the power!!"

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Points 550
BMAN replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 1:30 AM

@LBowen

Keep playing Amalur; the "new and improved" Battlefield is no where near the rewarding [and fun] game it was when it rolled out in 2005, you just can't compare an independent game vs a game built into a web browser.

Though I've had BF3 installed for many months now; I'm always playing BF2 [or the mod of my choosing], instead of this new [standard?] format of gameplay.

system specs

Intel i5 3570***, ASUS Sabertooth Z77, Corsair AX850, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3, Corsair Force 3 Series GT  SSD (120GB), WD VelociRaptor (300GB), water-cooled HIS Radeon HD7950, AZZA Genesis 9000, EKWB Supremacy CQ CPU block, XSPC RX360, EKWB-DCP 4.0 pump, Windows 7 H.P. - 64 bit

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35
nfscop replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 4:11 PM

Great, another multi-gigabyte "patch" that addresses some issues that showed up months ago. The patch notes read as if they are nerfing absolutely everything the game. Cheaters will have an even easier time.

Between Skyrim mods and Diablo III I just don't have time for BF3 anymore. The upcoming DLC is too little too late too. What a disappointment this game turned into.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 358
Points 2,565

I am really enjoying BF3 and the patch didn't really nerf the weapons i like. Used to love BF 2 and the mod AIX.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Points 550
BMAN replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 7:38 AM

The creators of AIX 2.0 really outdid themselves for a BF2 mod; while it doesn't have the Frostbite 2 engine, with the older BF2 engine, they managed to include "screams of death" ,  blood, and an AI system that will literally chase/ hunt you down [when flying jets/ helicopters].

It's currently the only BF series game I play

system specs

Intel i5 3570***, ASUS Sabertooth Z77, Corsair AX850, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3, Corsair Force 3 Series GT  SSD (120GB), WD VelociRaptor (300GB), water-cooled HIS Radeon HD7950, AZZA Genesis 9000, EKWB Supremacy CQ CPU block, XSPC RX360, EKWB-DCP 4.0 pump, Windows 7 H.P. - 64 bit

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS