Intel Core i5-3470 Quad-Core CPU Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,368
Points 1,192,005
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, May 31 2012 12:06 AM

Last month, Intel unleashed its highly anticipated Ivy Bridge microarchitecture. We had been hearing about Ivy Bridge for what seemed like an eternity leading up to the launch, and although not based a totally new design, Ivy Bridge would offer a number of enticing enhancements, like a faster Quick Sync engine, significantly improved integrated graphics, and lower power, thanks to architectural improvements and an advanced 22nm manufacturing process.

We initially took a look at Intel’s flagship Ivy Bridge-based processor, the Core i7-3770K. The Core i7-3770K is an unlocked quad-core processor with 8MB of L3 cache; integrated Intel HD 4000 series graphics; and Hyper-Threading, PCI Express 3.0 and Turbo Boost 2.0 support. The processor we’ll be showing you today, although also based on Ivy Bridge, is somewhat different. The new Core i5-3470 is based on the same quad-core die as the Core i7-3770, but it’s outfitted with less cache, a lower-end graphics core, and lacks support for Hyper-Threading, among other things...

Intel Core i5-3470 Quad-Core CPU Review

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,687
Points 104,340
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, May 31 2012 3:14 PM

Nice review and a good read Marco. Intel keeps putting it to the AMD side and it's not even a competition anymore. This thing has some darn good performance for the price.

But, some of the lower end APU's have got it going on in their little corner of the market too!

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 140

哎,这个这个cpu性能就可以秒杀AMD的旗舰了,我用的i5 3450,性能也很强悍,AMD还需要加油努力

Not Ranked
Posts 31
Points 260
Mattos replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:50 AM

I love computer hardware but know very little about it so I appreciate this review. Been kind of curious about this processor and had no idea that it can be partially overclocked. It really seems to be a great deal as you said Marco.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

If you are looking to upgrade your intel or AMD processors then check out these Overclock Guides for your processor.

Source: http://bit.ly/14VWN92

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS