Virgin Mobile Offers $40 No-Contract Plan: Unlimited Talk/Text + 50MB Data

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,721
Points 1,208,935
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, May 21 2012 11:15 PM
Voyager Mobile one day, and now, Virgin Mobile the next. These days, it's the prepaid carriers making just as many waves as the postpaid ones, and Virgin Mobile is stepping up its game with a new $40 Unlimited Talk and Text plan ideal for consumers with moderate usage on feature phones. The company's payLo offering brings nonstop talking and messaging (which includes text, picture, email and IM), as well as 50MB of web access. That's hardly enough for most avid smartphone users -- a few reloads of your bustling inbox would eat that right up -- but more occasional users may not take issue with the low data cap.

Customers can also look forward to no activation fees, no long-term contracts and easy tap-up options. As for us? Well, throw in a gigabyte of data for the same rate, and then we're interested.
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
NHenderson replied on Thu, May 31 2012 12:30 AM

Alrightyo, I'm a little confused here. I've just gone to check the voyager mobile website, and on he front page they're offering only two plans, vividly different from the ones above in the article. The one's above really don't have much appeal at all, not compared to the likes of Tracfone's Straighttalk, and sister mvno Boost. But what's on the website is quite attractive: Unlimited everything for 39 + tax (I'm a little uncertain about that too....what's in your tax?). The devices are quite attractive too; I haven't seen high-end devices offered by any of the prepaid providers. But granted they're not cheap. The cheapest phone on offer is a silly LG thingy for $100 - and that's pretty much where my browsing stopped. I'm looking for a cheap prepaid phone for my father, and thus far only tracfone's SVC phone at $15 akes sense to me. Certainly not the senior specialized Jitter jobbies that retail for a $100 - it's a ludicrous price for what I deem to be a basic dumb phone.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,765
Points 105,055
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, May 31 2012 3:12 PM

NHenderson:
I'm a little confused here. I've just gone to check the voyager mobile website, and on he front page they're offering only two plans, vividly different from the ones above in the article.

That's because it's about Virgin Mobil Plans. The first sentence's mention of Voyager Mobile was in reference to a post a few days earlier about ~their~ newly announced plans.

See ~that~ post HERE.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS