HTC One X AT&T Smartphone Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,884
Points 1,116,905
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, May 1 2012 6:27 PM

HTC One X AT&T Smartphone ReviewThe HTC One X generated quite a buzz when the smartphone was first announced at Mobile World Congress earlier this year. The initial announcement featured information and specifications for two versions of the phone, an international model built around NVIDIA’s quad-plus-one core Tegra 3 SoC (system on a chip) and a U.S. model powered by a dual-core Qualcomm chip. The lack of a quad-core model in the U.S. left some observers feeling a bit flat, but by going with the Qualcomm MSM 8960 HTC was able to support LTE in the U.S. Additionally; the MSM 8960 isn’t like other dual-core SoCs currently on the market. The MSM 8960 features Qualcomm's Krait microarchitecture, with an Adreno 225 graphics engine, and the chip is built using a 28nm manufacturing process. The sum-total of these advancements is a SoC that offers better per-core CPU performance than most other SoCs, with strong graphics performance, and in a lower power-envelope. As you’ll see, the performance of the device is very good...

HTC One X AT&T Smartphone Review

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,796
Points 45,500
rapid1 replied on Tue, May 1 2012 9:26 PM

This is an awesome phone the only thing I don't like is the iPhone in it (closed back) with no removable battery or storage key. I love the display but will probably just wait for a minute and see what else drops. I would love something like the Galaxy note I could root, use as a phone, credit card receptacle, e-reader etc as for now my Sensation is still doing well I would just like a slightly larger screen especially for e-reading.

Machine name: rapid1
 Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) 
 System Model: Gigabyte X58A-UD5
 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
 Memory: Kingston 6144MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 152
Points 1,870
imAcpufan replied on Tue, May 1 2012 10:00 PM

That a pretty sweet phone for sure. It's unfortunate that there is no expandable storage though. I've been keeping an eye on this phone for a while, but I really like the ability to expand storage capacity. I'm currently still using my HTC Desire (3yr contract), but looking at upgrading this summer. After using only 8GB on the Desire, (I've waited to buy a 32GB micro SD card) I'm definitely looking for at least 32GB of storage to hold all my music on my phone.

AMD Phenom II 955 BE @ 3.2Ghz - Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P - 4GB Corsair DDR2-1066

BFG GTX 260 - Creative Audigy 2 ZS - CM Cosmos S Case

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
SButt replied on Wed, May 2 2012 10:14 PM

Is it true that US market is getting Quad core version of same mobile whereas European and other markets will have to survive on Dual core only?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 536
Points 4,485
ajm531 replied on Sat, May 5 2012 12:04 AM

Im pretty sure you have that backwards. Us gets the dual core model. Europe gets quad core model.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 536
Points 4,485
ajm531 replied on Sat, May 5 2012 12:05 AM

The sprint version will have atleast the expandable storage but not the removable battery in it.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 85

I like HTC. They always have dependable and sturdy phones but I'm still running fine on my Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch til the SIII hits America.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
CChester replied on Mon, May 14 2012 4:33 PM

Removable battery is a deal killer. I do not know why companies cannot get specs correct. How much extra is it to include a removable battery? As for dual to quad core.. NVIDIA, come on! Where is the LTE support?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS